Sigma 1.1 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
I've encountered a rather odd bug - I was going through Act 3 Normal with an Iron Spiral Barbarian, and I was attempting to finish the quest "The Gidbinn", which involves finding a particular location containing an interactable object in the Flayer Jungle. That was easy enough, however, the enemy that the object is supposed to spawn didn't show up, meaning that I can't get the Gidbinn and thus finish the quest. I know that it's optional, but it still bothers me.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
this bug is many years old unfortunately .
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
GreyRook wrote:I've encountered a rather odd bug - I was going through Act 3 Normal with an Iron Spiral Barbarian, and I was attempting to finish the quest "The Gidbinn", which involves finding a particular location containing an interactable object in the Flayer Jungle. That was easy enough, however, the enemy that the object is supposed to spawn didn't show up, meaning that I can't get the Gidbinn and thus finish the quest. I know that it's optional, but it still bothers me.

Look at it positively. The ring you get as a reward is always garbage due to a low item level.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:this bug is many years old unfortunately .

Really? I've never encountered it before. But then I'm usually lucky in regards to bugs.
HechtHeftig wrote:Look at it positively. The ring you get as a reward is always garbage due to a low item level.

I don't care about the ring. I do care about having a quest I can't complete not because I'm bad at the game but because the game bugged out on me.

If this bug is so old, are there any workarounds? Fixes? Or is it one of those that nobody cared enough to fix?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
GreyRook wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:this bug is many years old unfortunately .

Really? I've never encountered it before. But then I'm usually lucky in regards to bugs.
HechtHeftig wrote:Look at it positively. The ring you get as a reward is always garbage due to a low item level.

I don't care about the ring. I do care about having a quest I can't complete not because I'm bad at the game but because the game bugged out on me.

If this bug is so old, are there any workarounds? Fixes? Or is it one of those that nobody cared enough to fix?

And why is a quest with 0 use important? I can see why nobody would care enough to fix this when there are things that need lots of work like reworking sets, runewords, creating new ubers, adjusting builds, balancing the game as a whole... I'm sure it's pretty much on the bottom of the priority list, if at all.

There is a workaround though: create a new game. In case you play single player, you need to reroll the map by creating a TCP/IP game, then go to that part of the map again. However I noticed that in sigma it happens a lot more often then in previous versions. So you might have to reroll the map multiple times.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:And why is a quest with 0 use important? I can see why nobody would care enough to fix this when there are things that need lots of work like reworking sets, runewords, creating new ubers, adjusting builds, balancing the game as a whole... I'm sure it's pretty much on the bottom of the priority list, if at all.

There is a workaround though: create a new game. In case you play single player, you need to reroll the map by creating a TCP/IP game, then go to that part of the map again. However I noticed that in sigma it happens a lot more often then in previous versions. So you might have to reroll the map multiple times.

*shrug* It's just my compulsive completionism that's bugging me. That you suggested rerolling the map is good, though, it was one of the thoughts I had on how to work around that bug. Thanks.

edit: it worked, too. I reset the map, went through the quest, and this time I did get the Gidbinn. Then I thought I was going to grind for a bit while I was at it... and the game crashed on me without saving. *sigh* So I had to go through that again, and make sure to save this time. At least that worked properly.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Problem:
-There are many quests that have no reward, or trash rewards.
-Shop price for mystics orbs is too high

Solution:
-For each quest completed, shop price reduced by 0.5%. There are total (6x4+3)X3 = 81 quest. So the shop price will be reduced by 40.5% if a player complete all quests.
-This will encourage people to actually complete all quests.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
any reason behind the 0.8 sec timer on the Winter Avatar ? it could at least decrease by 0.1 per point . there are lots of OP skills that get rid of the timer after 6 points , yet the Winter Avatar still has it no matter how many points you get for it (and no , it would not be OP if the timer is removed) . there could have been some nice builds around it if there wasn't for this timer .
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
tranvanhieu wrote:Problem:
-There are many quests that have no reward, or trash rewards.
-Shop price for mystics orbs is too high

Solution:
-For each quest completed, shop price reduced by 0.5%. There are total (6x4+3)X3 = 81 quest. So the shop price will be reduced by 40.5% if a player complete all quests.
-This will encourage people to actually complete all quests.

So in addition to the complete abundance and overwhelming amount of money you get at the end of early game, you also want to reduce the worth of money even further? Why? That way the gold worth will snowball even harder than it already does.

From the top of my head here are things I'd prefer seeing as quest rewards instead of a vendor price reduction:
- a class specific set item, based on the build you're playing. (you invested most points into Trapsin skills? Get a set item of the caster sin set.)
- A rare ring that has an ilvl of 99 (so like a Gidbinn quest, but corrected)
- stat points
- skill points
- something like Anya reward
- a fixed amount of shrines of your choice
- A X% physical resist scroll for LC1 charm
- a X% avoid scroll for LC 1 charm
- A +HP potion (which adds more than just +20 HP)
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
Well, this is getting frustrating. As I mentioned before, I had a problem with the Gidbinn quest but managed to fix it by resetting the map. Ever since, I've been plagued with random crashes with an error message talking about an irrecoverable error on line sixteen hundred something. I thought it might be related to the D2Stats reader so I tried running the game without it - no dice, the crash happened even faster. I'm playing an Iron Spiral bard in Act 3 Nightmare with a Priestess merc, and aside from the crashes everything seems to work fine.

I'm admittedly still running 1.0 because my launcher randomly decided to uninstall itself, but I haven't used any kind of hacks aside from those available from the Median XL site itself.