Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Please post your bug reports and feedback for the current version in this topic.

Note that this topic is moderated. If your post is deleted then it is most likely a known issue.

No tech support related discussion

Instead, please use:
  • The tech support channel in our discord
  • The tech support sub-forum
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Batsin bats weren't buffed from 1.3, in fact, they seem a lot worse and the firewall from cold plains shamans instagibs them.

Resurrect is also still pure trash. They die within moments, and i'm questioning whether they were touched at all. Doing some practical tests, I revived the trashtier skeletons from normal Blood Moor, and they were still taking damage from act 1 bloodmoor mobs, so there's simply no way they scale with Player level rather than area level.

Minions in this game still have all the same problems they always have had, and now with shrinecrafts gutted (why the fuck was the double MO removed?), they are even less viable.

Although the QOL features, 4 Tier system, no gold/ xp penalty on death, resolution increase etc is all a step in the right direction.

EDIT: Also, why do Scourge and Hoplite minions from Paladin cost so much mana? You can't sustain them on bosses, hell, you can't even summon them all unless you're next to a resource healing vendor, as you run out of mana many times over. It's unnecessary as hell, and a major issue for anyone planning to use them.
Edited by Heathen 5 years.
Kazzit
Fallen
1 | 0
Happens on online characters only, tested with 2 amazons only:
If i have a bow equipped on my char, all skills on right mouse button acts as i have shift key pressed. e.g. you can't move with "move only"(the char shakes and standing still), you can't move with attack in town(says impossible). Note the same skill works on left button, and same configuration works with local characters perfectly with both left and right button. I don't know is this a bug or unfinished feature, but i'd play w/o it. If i want click shift key, i'd click it myself.

follow up: though, on local char under same configuration you char can move, it causes location de-sync, you will reach black edge if you use right button to move.
Edited by Kazzit 5 years.
Sing_In_Silence
Skeleton
2 | 1
First thing I should probably say:
Sigma looks to have been quite the undertaking. Congrats on getting it out. :D

So, I haven't played Median XL since around when Laz moved on to Skyrim modding.
In other words- it's been a while, and I missed pretty much all of Ultimative.
That said, I've been dabbling with 1.3 for the last month or so, and this feedback will include some of that.

Feedback
* I've been admiring the streamlining of crafting and progression (farewell candles of meditation, et al.). Things like Terror Summoner dropping a Dark Tome, Ubers accessed by boss-death auras, and so on.
From what I've seen thus far (just hit a4nm), Sigma seems to be improving it even further, with creature kills simply opening a red portal (e.g. Mephitso, for K3K challenge). If so, I heartily approve.

* I only just skimmed the SU list, but a lot of them leaped out at me as oooh, dis gun be good. Can't wait to get my hands on them :P (In other words, well done. Hopefully they'll live up to the hype, as it were.)
Though with the incompatibility of PlugY, getting the right item for the right character might be a problem, since I'm SP without a second PC around.
Edit 2: Many thanks to ChuckNoRis and Shyshek for pointing out that you can run 2 instances of Diablo and host a TCP/IP game for yourself to trade between characters.
* I love that there are 'Transmute' and 'Reveal Map' hotkeys, and the item filter's quite useful as well.
* Also am quite appreciating the buff icons, helps me make sure I didn't phantom-cast.
- On that note, any chance that the buff icons could give you a 'at a glance' warning when they're running out? Somehow I ended up starting with a True Neutral'din - which was actually a damnfool thing to do, give how much I hate babysitting cooldowns, but the aesthetic appeal was too great... but I'm digressing - and I'd really like to be able to use my RMB for something other than a visual indicator of when Demiurge/SA are running out; especially considering the related note on Neutrality buff duration, below.
- Also, and this isn't any kind of big deal: given that I'm running without plugY in a looter ARPG I'm not familiar with, I'm being very conservative with my stat points atm. So much so that I need Demiurge up to equip half of my gear. Any chance that it can be made castable in town?
* An interesting note regarding True Neutral'dins - You have 3 paths: VoJ/VoR, buffs, summoner.
Between the duplication and the playstyle, I'm not a fan of the first, and I found most summons to be painfully flimsy in 1.3, so I went with buffs. Here's the note: +skills is an actively detrimental modifier for me. I gain nothing but ~2% faster speeds on Rapture while bumping my upkeep cost on Demiurge/SA rather significantly. Might become less of an issue once I start getting stat charms, but it's such reversal of the norm that I thought I'd point it out.
* I'm loving the removal of Town Portal scrolls.
- I'm okay with the 5s cooldown before respawn as a tradeoff. That said, I'm not sure if this is possible, but any chance the cooldown could start immediately and you can only respawn once it finishes - rather than starting when you press esc? This'll probably become more intuitive as I go, but I find myself staring at the screen waiting for the countdown to start before remembering to press esc way too often atm. :sweatdrop:

Bugs
* Maybe I'm missing it, but can't seem to find a way to change fullscreen map to minimap.
* You can't interact with 2nd-4th rows of your belt, just mouseover them. Not a big deal, just idk if intended.
* Not sure whether this is actually a bug, but: Neutrality sets Demiurge and Sacred Armor to a static 20 second duration, replacing rather than adding to the default scaling duration, and - I was dismayed to find - unaffected by +%C/B/D duration.
If this is the intended functionality, maybe change the tooltip to 'sets duration to 20 sec' instead of 'increases'?
* Not sure if this is actually a bug, but Sorc's Immersion's new projectile seems rather finicky about hitting moving non-massive targets?
edit: * Again, not sure if bug: As per note re +skills, is Demiurge's % resurrect as Seraph supposed to be a self-synergy?

Think that's all for now.
Cheers.
Edited by Sing_In_Silence 5 years.
Calaquendi
Acid Prince
48 | 3
Sigma is a step in the right direction in many ways, but I think an aspect to reconsider would be having uberlevels closer to town.

A lot of areas are spread out and require travel on foot mostly through walking, sprint does not last long enough. There is no easy way to modify movement speed, without crafting boots or obtaining unique/magicl/rare items with movement speed modifiers.

So the traveling has become more tedious in some ways, the player is forced to take a walk through the overly large jungle, or some intermediary area where little exciting happens, whether they need the specific kind of items the area has or not, and wade through trash mob after trash mob.

For example, if some players want to just farm XP, gold and signets in the Torajan Jungles, they could do that, and the players who want to go straight to the uberlevels would have that option as well. Everyone wins.

I believe some more experienced players have mentioned this as well. Still this is a minor criticism and I just want to reiterate that I'm enjoying many of the changes in this great mod and thanks for helping make that, to all of you in the dev team.
Skulesta
Fallen
1 | 2
I feel that the incredibly low Belladonna Extract drop rate prevents players from experimenting builds with different skills - the part that I found most fun to try/play.

I'd have imagined that the point was to experiment to see what suits the player's play-style - and to also reset stats so that you can get the optimal allocation points when you obtain new charms or items with +stats.

I'm finding it difficult to quickly get back on track if I wanted to test certain trees and I mess up badly or if I misplace a skill (e.g. if I should go fire/cold or fire/psn on a sorceress for the most damage output). This just encourages me to just start a new character instead just so I could get the reset. But then again, the slow leveling process from level 100 onward discourages that.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I can no longer assign skills to my mouse side buttons M4 and M5
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Skulesta wrote:I feel that the incredibly low Belladonna Extract drop rate prevents players from experimenting builds with different skills - the part that I found most fun to try/play.

I'd have imagined that the point was to experiment to see what suits the player's play-style - and to also reset stats so that you can get the optimal allocation points when you obtain new charms or items with +stats.

I'm finding it difficult to quickly get back on track if I wanted to test certain trees and I mess up badly or if I misplace a skill (e.g. if I should go fire/cold or fire/psn on a sorceress for the most damage output). This just encourages me to just start a new character instead just so I could get the reset. But then again, the slow leveling process from level 100 onward discourages that.

U can easy use Akara reward on normal, nm and hell and try find potion. Alot of reskill, just need to be more careful and shrewd.

Bugs:
1.Display party members in other location on your map
2.Game can be hang (you run and stop on black squares(lost connect)) if the game did not load or immediately kick you and you use exit throw menu = failed to join/create game on all servers, admins kick from last server doesn't work.
3. As stated above - u just cant use potion by mouse, cant load potions from inventory, only when you drop them on earth

I think run with press button its realy bad idea complicating gameplay where it is not needed.
Pls Add description to icons buff/debuff(if it possible) when mouse on icon, timer on effects in min/sec.
I like immortal town teleport, but it's skill and it's trouble. There are critical moments - low hp/extremly situation/danger locations and if the appearance of teleport skill weakens the character (for example barb can't use teleport and stance together). I could teleport book with charges or teleport button like revel map.
Edited by PindlskinVova 5 years.
19nat99
Invader
8 | 0
Dropping a 6 angel bag from the cube to the ground, and then dropping one from your inventory, makes none of them pickable by the player who dropped them :(
Shyshek
Skeleton
2 | 0
EDIT: This was already posted in MXL 1.13 bug report thread. I think reposting it here is a good idea.

Singleplayer Sigma.

Two things that occured to me while playing:

1. When I was fighting Mephisto, I came back to town of Kurast to restock a few times. Once, when I was quickly buying pots of health from Ormus suddenly I could not interact with almost anything. I could mouse over Buy/Sell buttons in vendor screen to see the name tooltip, but nothing I did with LMB nor RMB would do anything. I couldn't exit the shop with ESC either. After a few minutes the game decided to kick me out to Main Menu without any warning. EDIT: The kick-to-main-menu trick may be related to me having Alt+Enter'ed the game into window mode and minimizing it for a few minutes.

2. Blood Amazon has Bacchanalia. It gives the character additional effects on other Blood skills while she is below 66% Life or has used her innate Bloodlust skill. The effect that triggers at that time is named Blood Fury.
There's an oskill that may roll on amazon helms/shields called exactly Blood Fury. It fits like a glove the theme of Bloodzon (drains life + buffs spell damage). One odd thing is that after using skill the additional effects of skills (given by Bacchanalia) won't trigger. I think it should as that would allow the player to have 3 possible ways to trigger Bacchanalia's buffs to skills. Especially that the name is exactly the same and the activation cost is fine (50% of Life drained over 30 seconds).