Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
All the people who really try to push the Damage of spells to their limit should know that the Synergy Bonus is an overall multiplier. So investing in Energy and EF is highly recommended.

Total Damage= BD*(1+(phys Spell Damage% + Bonus from Life and Death%)/100%)*(1+Synergy Bonus%/100%)

BD is the Base Damage of the Vessel. It depends on skill level, the char level and maybe the base level (prob not). So a Vesseldin with char lvl 140 will deal more damage than a Vesseldin on lvl 120 even with equal stats and Spell Damage Boni.
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
TgTalcon wrote:Image

This is a proper fully spec'd into vesseldin with a bloodzon buffing you.

Without the bloodzon, I can hit 38k, without proper energy investment.

So it's possible to hit 40k with proper gearing.

For spelldamage anything past about 400% is useless, and for energy/EF

I have 5k energy and 617 EF

Senpai, could you show the gear? Somehow i cant get my head around how it could be possible to get self buffed to 35k.
Elmore
Cultist
22 | 0
It would really be very interesting to see equipment screens, well, and not everyone is well versed in crafting :)
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Havnt been able to play the last couple of days. Running around with 500 dmg at level 75.

The 35K damage gives me hope and horrifies me. It's good know this build will do better than fine later, but I feel like I havnt even crossed the starting line on a marathon.
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
► Show Spoiler

i hit 24k high end with this. Missing several charms. Also pretty much only Hel runes.

I can see it could hit 30k, but no way 35k + Self buff. Of course i might be missing something here, which is why we discuss :D

One thing i noticed that Bone scalpel is better for starting out compared to Dead Lake's Lady, though closer to 400 sigs and better gear it becomes better.

Also i believe ring of light oSkill on shield, can help alot for single target stuff. It literally melted Andariel quicker than my vessels.
CornmanGobbles
Destroyer
6 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
BTW in the skill tree It says "Vessel of Justice" but in the character window is says "Vessel of Judgement". Just a heads up to anyone wondering.
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
peilis wrote:...

why did u pick Heraldic Shield over Crown Shield?

i was surprised that the Hundsgugel (str req helmet) base def is way higher than the Blackguard Helm (dex req) base def :) thx for that screenshot, i used to mindlessly pick the most bottom located base item in the medianxl docs before...

why do u guyz use that hell runes instead of a some crazy cool crafted jewels? for e.x. 2%phys 15 factor 12energy 2% energy (+2str) ones compared to 3%phys etc?

i can't give up on those beasty summons from a tiered angel star for the dead's lake:) atm they can tank whatever i need (tho im still a complete newb)

also a suggestion - using my ressurect spell 3 times in the torajan jungles on those tower summoning aldric jitan adds - just work wonders:)

p.s. a question to the TS: y do u pick ench crafted shield/gloves over some more eeire? or can i just use any pieces of gear with any shrines maintaining a ratio of 4 eerie / 2 enchanted items on a character? for some diminishing returns sake?
Edited by Akak_ 5 years.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ok for everyone who want's to maximize their vessels Damage here is a quick roundup of how the Vessels Damage is affected by all the modifiers you got out there.
There is the Base Damage of the Vessel (BD) that increases with skill level and char level. How the progression looks like I cannot tell, but with higher levels I assume that the base damage has diminishing returns.
Now we take the BD and the number displayed as our Vessel Damage (VD) is calculated the following way:

VD=BD*(1+SD/100%)*(1+syn/100%).
Where:
SD = phys Spell Damage% + Pasive Bonus from Life and Death/Solstice and Equinox + xx% Bonus to Vessel Damage from items.
syn = the number displayed on the bottom on the skill description of the Vessel Energy: xx% increased Damage
Look up how this Synergy is calculated here
So stacking Spell damage is much less rewarding than investing in Energy and Energy factor at some point in late game.

For example: with Energy = 4000 and EF=750 the factor Synergy has reached it's cap of 200% and you will get syn=445%.
Since Paladins have no other skills to increase this synergy Percentage you should try to reach the Factor cap while not sacrificing too much Spell Damage.

Also note that Passive Bonus and Spell Damage only stack. the Passives give 7% damage Bonus per skill level. so 1 skill > 7 phys Spell Damage since it also increases the Base Damage of the Vessel.
With high Values of Energy (>3000) a plain +15 Energy factor to Spell damage jewel is better than a Hel rune as long as the EF Synergy is not capped already.
Ricky307
Fallen
1 | 0
How does Peilis have Yaerius Untruth and Hundsgugel equipped? They're both helms so... unless the mans got two heads...
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
i think its just in his stash