Late game crafting, Leveling and farm

Discuss Median XL!
Boopie
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi,
I am still fairly new to the new median xl, and in being new I had a lot of questions. I'm hoping to post some questions about late game
crafting and options with it. With all the info and confirmations I'm hoping to throw together a generalized guide on the new median xl
for newbies like myself. Post any links to up to date guides and I will link them in the guide. Will include links to forum posts and person who posted answers/questions.

To start I wanted to confirm a couple things. I will try when I get home, but for now I'm hoping if the community knows off the top of there head.

First post I came across.

"Here's how to use shrines

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):
i. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
ii. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = honorific item with shrine properties

Rare (Yellow) :
i. Catalyst of Destruction + Rune = Superior White item -->
ii. Superior White item + Oil of enhancement = blue item -->
iii. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
iv. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = Green honorific item with shrine properties

Sacred

Magic: Same as above
Rare:
i. Rare + Shrine #1 = Crafted Rare (Orange crafted items with properties of Shrine #1 + 4 random properties) -->
ii. Orange Crafted + Shrine #2 + arcane crystal = Orange Crafted rare with Properties of Shrine #1 + 4 Random Properties + Properties of Shrine #2

2 weeks"
-Vikan (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22548)

1. Are mark of infusions still obtained from Schenk in act 5?
2. Vikan points out that honorific items no longer receive 2x orb effects, is that correct?
3. Ive read some of the benefits of crafting both, but wondering if someone with a lot more experience explain it.
4. If any combination of items is outdated.

As you have all probably already seen Thraxis has made a excellent guide on what does what in Median XL (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22672)

Based off of this later today I am thinking of creating a post which goes over individual skills and what effects them. Something a bit
more sorted than short questions on a super generalized thread. Will post a link to it when created.

Wondering if anyone has any good leveling routes and must do's after level 100.

so far I just did quests and general areas to 105. 105-110 I did sunless and 110 I did act 3 Torajan Jungles.

Will update and post if more questions come up. thanks so much
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
This is misleading...
Boopie wrote:"Here's how to use shrines

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):

Rare (Yellow) :
iii. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
iv. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = Green honorific item with shrine properties

Sacred

Rare:
i. Rare + Shrine #1 = Crafted Rare (Orange crafted items with properties of Shrine #1 + 4 random properties) -->
ii. Orange Crafted + Shrine #2 + arcane crystal = Orange Crafted rare with Properties of Shrine #1 + 4 Random Properties + Properties of Shrine #2

1. Mark of Infusion is for tier 1-4 gears only
Edit: I never thought sacred can now be used by Mark of Infusion too :shock:
2. Shrines works only for sacred items
Boopie wrote:1. Are mark of infusions still obtained from Schenk in act 5?
2. Vikan points out that honorific items no longer receive 2x orb effects, is that correct?

3. Honorific items still has a 2x orb effect, and yes Shenk still drops Mark of Infusion a 100% chance

hope this helps! ;)
Edited by lordnecro 5 years.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
lordnecro wrote:This is misleading...
Boopie wrote:"Here's how to use shrines

Non-Sacred item

Magic (Blue):

Rare (Yellow) :

Sacred

Rare:

1. Mark of Infusion is for tier 1-4 gears only
2. Shrines works only for sacred items
Boopie wrote:1. Are mark of infusions still obtained from Schenk in act 5?

3. Honorific items still has a 2x orb effect, and yes Shenk still drops Mark of Infusion a 100% chance

hope this helps! ;)

Youre both right and wrong.

1. You can only shrinecraft sacred rares, however you can still shrine bless Honorific items, but the recipe is now item+shrine+ x2 AC
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
lordnecro wrote:2. Shrines works only for sacred items

forgot to add "rare" word
notforkeeps wrote:Youre both right and wrong.

1. You can only shrinecraft sacred rares, however you can still shrine bless Honorific items, but the recipe is now item+shrine+ x2 AC

why it doesn't transmute?
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
item must be sacred honorific. sorry about the confusion.
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
alright thanks!
ninepoundhammer
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hey all,

I still have some confusion about this process. I have a pair of sacred magical (blue) that I want to make honorific. So, as I understand, I should follow this process:

1. Rare/Crafted Sacred item + Shrine → reroll item as crafted + Shrine (-1 charge)
-Do this to the item until I have an the desired stat bonuses that I am looking for
2. Rare/Crafted/Honorific Sacred item + Shrine + Arcane Crystal → add Shrine bonuses + Shrine (-1 charge)
-Go back to step 1 if I do not get the desired stat bonuses
3. Apply runes/gmes/jewels as desired
4. Apply Mystic Orbs

This means it will clear the item of its original magical properties? Is the socketing of runes/gems/jewels correct as the 3rd step prior to applying mystic orbs and increasing level requirements?

Thanks.