A short introduction and a few questions

Discuss Median XL!
SoulHuntah
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey there, fellow median and db2 players!

I do not see the need for real names so call me Soul . Anyway I am a long returing player of diablo II LOD and a completely new player to Median. In fact it's the first mod I've ever installed for Diablo II. So yeah installed Sigma last night. Stayed up for hours on end :D Everything is awesome so far although I still have A LOT to learn (crafting, etc). But I'm really enjoying it. More than the vanilla game I must say. Not saying the original isn't an amazing game ofc. Anyway great job devs! So moving on I do have a few questions:

The first thing I noticed is that there was no cinematic when I started a new game I was just there in the town. Although it was still there in the menu under the cinematics section. So I thought no big deal just watched the first db2 cinematic on youtube and started playing the mod. Now I'm a huge fan of blizzards cinematics (Warcraft 3 <3 ). So my big question is will the other cinematics work as intended after every act and so on? I just feel it is a little bit immersion breaking having to tab out and watch them elsewhere. It's no deal breaker for me though I still love the mod.

The second question was that I had understood there would be new skills additional to the vanilla ones but instead they are replaced then? It's no problem at all though since I'm enjoying the new skills more but I was just a bit confused.

The final question is one I'm not sure I can ask here. Since it concerns other mods and I absolutely do not expect Median devs to provide any compatibility or help with other mods or what not. But as a player that is completely new to db2 modding I was just wondering if there is something I should be running alongside Median? To add to the awsomeness so to speak :D I should mention I'm running the latest version of db2 LOD (1.14d).

Anyway that's all for now and I wish you all a great time! I'll be heading back in-game ;)
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Welcome,

- The cinematics at the end of the acts will play as usual, don't you fret
- Yes, all the character skills have been replaced. However there are some classic skills present in modified forms on items and such later in the game
- Lots of people like using D2Stats by Kyromir, it acts as a drop filter/notifier and more. You can find it in the tools section of the site (Game>Tools on the header)

Don't forget to check the documentation if you are confused about something in game (Game>Documentation on the header). Have fun.
megast4rk
Lava Lord
90 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Welcome,
stay a while and listen...

Cinematics between acts are gone.

Original skills were replaced. Also there are a lot of O-Skills. Check the documentation (item affixes) there you can see a lot of skill names.

You can use d2stats and some other tools. Check the forums for instructions. If there is something specific, ask a mod.

Maybe that helps for start. Enjoy Median. Endgame is the real content :P
SoulHuntah
Skeleton
2 | 0
Alright cheers for the quick advice!

The skill things makes more sense now yes. Skills on items is pretty neat. Will check out those tools as well sounds useful.

Still confused about the cinematics though? Getting two different answers here heh :D
Botelebaal
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
SoulHuntah wrote:Still confused about the cinematics though? Getting two different answers here heh :D

I dont have any intro video when I create a character but I get all the videos at the end of Acts. Also I would trust the guy who has "Team Member" under his name probably.