@Devs - SP "/Players x"

Discuss Median XL!
Itapitza
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello,
Just wondering if there is any plans to re-implement "/players 1-8" on the single player mode? I could understand not wanting SP's to have some loot advantage over realm, but the EXP grind for solo playing is a bit tedious... and i'm a pretty frequent player. I can't imagine the grind for those who can only devote an hour or two a day to play.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I believe SP already has higher loot drops than MP.

I'm not gonna say the grind isn't tedious (it is, especially 119-120), but it serves a purpose. The way I see it, you're meant to use that time not just for grinding XP, but to farm gear, Charms with better rolls, and Trophies (e.g. 110-115 = Sacred bases; 115-120 = SoL, Sets; 120-125 = SUs, Cycles, Essences, more SoL; 125-130 Great Runes, better SUs).

The system isn't perfect, but tbh, I'd rather do it this way than do mindless Cow runs. :shudder:
Tadace
Sasquatch
63 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I read somewhere a dev said both drop rates and xp on SP are increased to compensate.

However, i highly recommend people play TSW over SP in general. Endgame gearing is finding the set or a handful of SUs that really makes your build shine. Finding said SUs in SP is both tiresome and unrewarding. Leveling alts and farming sigs is such a chore that a vast majority of the sets and SUs you find might as well not even be worth picking up.

I realize I'm ranting here and not offering a solution. Seems to me there is no good solution. The way the game works, it's just better with multiplayer and trading. Putting back /players 8 in SP isn't really the solution because it'd pull more people away from TSW. Us SP folks should just bite the bullet and play TSW.
conquerlol123
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Tadace wrote:I read somewhere a dev said both drop rates and xp on SP are increased to compensate.

However, i highly recommend people play TSW over SP in general. Endgame gearing is finding the set or a handful of SUs that really makes your build shine. Finding said SUs in SP is both tiresome and unrewarding. Leveling alts and farming sigs is such a chore that a vast majority of the sets and SUs you find might as well not even be worth picking up.

I realize I'm ranting here and not offering a solution. Seems to me there is no good solution. The way the game works, it's just better with multiplayer and trading. Putting back /players 8 in SP isn't really the solution because it'd pull more people away from TSW. Us SP folks should just bite the bullet and play TSW.

I'm one of the people that plays singleplayer offline. I would love to play on TSW but my internet is very unreliable and playing online is very problematic. I'm sure other people have similar technical reasons too.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
please delete
Edited by willyboy 5 years.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
please delete
Edited by willyboy 5 years.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tadace wrote:I realize I'm ranting here and not offering a solution. Seems to me there is no good solution. The way the game works, it's just better with multiplayer and trading. Putting back /players 8 in SP isn't really the solution because it'd pull more people away from TSW. Us SP folks should just bite the bullet and play TSW.

There is a huge player-base in SP (much, much for than MP) for many reasons, the changes in SP are a big, big middlefinger for the most of them. They will never play MP, they quit this game - this isnt a try to bring a few guys on TSW.[/quote]
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I mean you can still change the player count like before, just not with the command :coolstorybob:
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
RandomOnions wrote:I mean you can still change the player count like before, just not with the command :coolstorybob:

The only way to change the player count is from 1 to 0 meaning he leaves the game. If that's what u meant, why must u troll?
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If you don't know what i'm talking about why call me out as a troll? There is a way to change the player amount of what almost whatever you want, it's just not an official way to do it so i'd keep myself away from getting banned by going into details :coolstorybob: