Are Self-Ressurecting Mercs possible with the new Engine?

Discuss Median XL!
clueso
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Question is in the title:

Is it possible with the new engine to have self-resurrecting mercs, like that they resurrect themselves ~20-30 seconds after they have been killed?

I think that would be a great QoL feature, because you could keep continue to fight instead of having to return back to town whenever the merc is killed to get him/her back, which therefore wouldn't interrupt the pace of combat so much.
HitZ
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I think there should be item designed specially for mercs, making em invulnerable. It would be much easier to implement than self resurrect. Mercs are pretty much useless atm in the end game content, they die almost insta in uberlevels.
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I mean, it's possible to do almost anything. Sigma is a huge upgrade to median but it's still very much in the vanilla stages. They're gonna create new items and new bosses and new areas, just gotta give em time.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HitZ wrote:I think there should be item designed specially for mercs, making em invulnerable. It would be much easier to implement than self resurrect. Mercs are pretty much useless atm in the end game content, they die almost insta in uberlevels.

This is false, a well geared Merc can carry you through many ubers even high end ones like duncraig, fauzt, triune, bremmtown.
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
oztor wrote:
HitZ wrote:I think there should be item designed specially for mercs, making em invulnerable. It would be much easier to implement than self resurrect. Mercs are pretty much useless atm in the end game content, they die almost insta in uberlevels.

This is false, a well geared Merc can carry you through many ubers even high end ones like duncraig, fauzt, triune, bremmtown.

How bout Quov Tsin. :bounce:
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
oztor wrote:

How bout Quov Tsin. :bounce:

No way, sadly. Bosses still rekt mercs. But quov is easy with any build, you just have to stack flat dr and max resistances to counter his beam.
HitZ
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
oztor wrote:

Well, when I'm at the point of gearing my merc that way, i wont be needing him anyways. Btw, i'm also kinda intrigued what kind of gear you put on him so he doesn't die from 10 stacked barrels in duncraig?
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HitZ wrote:
oztor wrote:

Well, when I'm at the point of gearing my merc that way, i wont be needing him anyways. Btw, i'm also kinda intrigued what kind of gear you put on him so he doesn't die from 10 stacked barrels in duncraig?

Well he will of course die from 10 stacked barrels no matters how he is geared. You should not let him walk into these barrels :flip:
HitZ
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
oztor wrote:
HitZ wrote:
oztor wrote:

Well he will of course die from 10 stacked barrels no matters how he is geared. You should not let him walk into these barrels :flip:

Well AI is kinda stupid with those mercs... Most of the time they run wherever they want + its supposed that in those levels you watch out for yourself, not babysit your stupid merc.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HitZ wrote:
oztor wrote:
HitZ wrote:
oztor wrote:

Well AI is kinda stupid with those mercs... Most of the time they run wherever they want + its supposed that in those levels you watch out for yourself, not babysit your stupid merc.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just wanted to say that mercs are not that bad overall, they can be support, damage dealers, crowd controllers. Not every build can make it work well, but there are some that can discover full power of mercs :)