Discuss Median XL!
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Basicly thinking it will give you 50% of your total char def is nonsense.
Barbs can get up to 1,5 million def. So how would this char look like? Balanced
double91
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
"Total Character Defense 100%" is poorly worded to begin with considering there is no verb.

Change it to "50% of Your +% Total Character Defense Added as Vitality" would clear up 100% of hte confusion
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
If you speak English: Total Character Defense means Total...character...defense.
If you speak MedianXL: Total Character Defense means TCD%
If you speak Dev: Total Character Defense means 'Look at all the money they're spending on this item' :flip:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
%TCD is a stat given from items, and can be seen in D2Stats and on many skills. Spirit Guide, Bear Stance, Lioness, Tainted Blood, Dragonheart, Terror Strike, Death Ward, Baneblade, Trap Rat morph, the list goes on. Regardless of what character you're playing, there's about a 0% chance you haven't seen the stat previously if you're at the point of farming Arkaine's armor
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Bagboy_Brown wrote:"50% of Your Total Character Defense Added as Vitality"

So, if your total character defense is 300k, u get 150k hp? If not the case, it definitely needs rewording.

The only other scenario I can imagine is this: you have gear and MOs that give xx% to Total Character Defense. And this chest takes 50% of whatever that number is and gives you it as Vitality. Which is low. AF. Probably not even 1k.

This is exactly how it works. You can use the D2stats program to see your Total char defense. I used Arkains and through on some Oroboros and Nephalem Kings rings, plus every bit of MO'd and SU gear I could find to rack up my defense and base Vita.

In tree form you can get a ton of life, but good luck doing any damage.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
it's even in capital letters "Total Character Defense" aka TCD.

You think I would get 500k vitality on a barb? You must be stupid to think this honestly, read up before complaining. Such an item would never excist because it would break the game, might as well give it superbeast morph as well while we are at it.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ppl are bidding at the auction arkaine valor like a crazy, atm 17 (!!!) bids. Everyone thinks, me too, wow, aproximately 100-150k hp. yeah. Bid ! Bid bid ! But after a while I was thinking, maybe not all def but TCD -50% ? It went for 250...
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
RandomOnions wrote:it's even in capital letters "Total Character Defense" aka TCD.

You think I would get 500k vitality on a barb? You must be stupid to think this honestly, read up before complaining. Such an item would never excist because it would break the game, might as well give it superbeast morph as well while we are at it.

You understand people are playing this game for the first time, right? To honestly believe that everyone has an firm understanding of what every character can achieve - maybe they never played barb you fucking retard. Maybe the the phrase 'Total Character Defense' is ambiguous to those just starting. Get off your high horse, and realize not everyone is a no-lifer like you. You act like it's the first time in gaming history that people buy their way to the top without fully understanding the game they're playing.
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
all in all, it is a nice defensive armor, on my paladin it doubles my vitality (hence dragonheart and other stats), no need to overcomplicate it, if it fits your playstyle then use it. No need to rage here, most people are helpful. Just get more familiar with the game and read the bloody docs.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
This is confusing, as this can mean 3 things

1) Based off your TCD% stat which is actually true - if you have 1000% tcd you get 500 vit. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.
2) Based off your total defense - silly, 500,000 vit on barb are u srs
3) Based off BASE defense - powerful but plausible, like +20k vit or so