Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
stanleydarsh22 wrote:well, i'm playing a bowzon now and have shit damage and bad sustain, even though my items are theoretically good. For what looks like it should be doing well vs what actually helps my character makes no sense at all. Do you think you can put together a build guide for a bowzon? It's my first median character and i'm really getting annoyed at this mod with the lack of documentation.

the docs are massively expansive, there's even a mostly updated wiki as well. I think if you go back to suchbalance's old bowzon guide (go to the guide section and click the old guides link -- itll be somewhere in there), most of that is proper. There will be some far outdated stuff like some mystic orbs and what gear to get, but generally, it has very good information
stanleydarsh22
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:
the docs are massively expansive, there's even a mostly updated wiki as well

the popular things on the wiki are up to date, but i've seen pages on bosses and lesser searched things that were incorrect.

Also, i'll be happy when the docs under "Strategy" for doing a dungeon boss doesn't just tell me the boss has several attacks (not even listing them out), dodge them. I guess i'm spoiled from Path of Diablo's incredible documentation. For god sakes the skill tabs on this website don't even have the tab's title on them or branches' title either.

I'll check out the bowzon build so thanks for that.
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
someone might have said this already but i think the change to sprint/run in sigma had unintended nerf to estatic frenzy for bowzon. I'm sure with experience and skill it's fine, but this was a hard gap for me to close due to no margin of error constantly once i got to 100-110 lvl areas.

i feel like i couldn't get my stat point or skill point allocation quite right to make my bowzon more effective but i found no bella potions to date so i chose to blindly attempt my first javazon with my last den of evil respec and it's been a much more effective build so far.

I want to try the hammer one since it sounds effective with just mostly TUs but im waiting to find that Bella, and then at least 1 more in case i don't get it right at first
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
stanleydarsh22 wrote:
Crash wrote:
the docs are massively expansive, there's even a mostly updated wiki as well

the popular things on the wiki are up to date, but i've seen pages on bosses and lesser searched things that were incorrect.

Also, i'll be happy when the docs under "Strategy" for doing a dungeon boss doesn't just tell me the boss has several attacks (not even listing them out), dodge them. I guess i'm spoiled from Path of Diablo's incredible documentation. For god sakes the skill tabs on this website don't even have the tab's title on them or branches' title either.

I'll check out the bowzon build so thanks for that.

to be fair, there's only so much that can be said without just giving you the charm and saying you're welcome. videos and more detailed walkthroughs are usually in guide content sections, but sigma hasn't even been out for a month yet, so guides are fairly sparse still.
Snelx
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
I am playing bowazon. It is same as previous versions 1.0 ~ 1.3, kill fast, kite melee dodge range or we die fast. The thing that really hurts my build compared to past versions is the loss of reanimate mystic orbs. I still have more success in building bowazon than spear/ java / lightning.

Bloodzon with summons is always a good alternative to bowazon.
makhail24
Imp
4 | 0
thumbs up! marcel!! you got it all right....you pointed bowazon tree issues right at their core...bow now is too underleveled,,crushing blows etc..maybe if this rapid wormshot atleast 6 targets not just 2..and dragonlore no survivality super pales in comparison to zerae lightningzon tanker boss kill that easily reach max block...i really believe un immediate update to bowazon is a MUST! compared to barbarian that easily gets all charms..really class biased no argument about that...everybody feels that way nothing they can do except change fast
makhail24
Imp
4 | 0
at level 50+ you can wear almost all the max tier for bowazon and you can use it to level 100..at 100 to 130 i farmed duncraig with perfect jewels with +4xp each...bowazon really sucks was nerfed due to the makers class bias...my kill speed at duncraig really sucks even with rapid wyrm shot from SU askards bow..and deliberately put 1 demon blood in each equipment to have each equps with our super weak nerfed dragonlore rainbow damage..again 1 demon blood for each equip ...adds 1-5 lightning fire cold damage to each equips..lucky upgrade your bow..MO with enchance damage first and magic find..and to teleporting warlords..use summon in advance to bait them to your summons
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I played mostly hammerzon this latest patch and I think it’s in a decent place for farming (though slower than melee Necro and other competitive builds) but single target suffers greatly as you reach 125+. Vizjun and Duncraig were a joke with lifesteal keeping me up through multiple barrels and Faust was easy as well but Necrobots were killed SO slowly. The mechanics are indeed clunky for any dynamic fights and hammers suffer greatly in confined spaces. You can’t rely on magnetism as a boss-killer as most end-game boss fights fall under the aforementioned dynamic category. Cornering bosses is a huge pain in the ass, especially when the hammers are soaked up by adjacent walls. The really problem simply lies in single target.

After testing spearzons, I have no idea how anyone can state they’re in an ok state. The lack of block makes high TCD almost irrelevant as they die incredibly quickly in higher content and their clear speed is not even competitive enough to compensate. If spearzons had a dodge mechanic or an HP buff to make up for the low hp (possibly on lioness at the expense of like 25-40% of the TCD), the lack of paragon might be manageable but, in its current state, Spearzons just aren’t viable outside of few select farming routes.

To put things in perspective, compare a spearzon with (end-game ~11k hp) to an assassin with max block and 70% dodge and you’ll find that, not only is their surviviability laughable in comparison, but their clear speed in both single target and packs is much lower as well.

If one tree needs a reconstruction, it’s spearzon plain and simple.

The easiest fix, in my opinion, is to simply add a dodge mechanic and/or an HP boost that puts them at around 22-25k hp in optimal gear to compensate for the complete lack of mitigation that they currently have. Another possible option is to give them a life regen passive (“lick wounds”) that offers significant hp regen and flat damage reduction). This might also fit with the theme of “lioness” much better. As for spearzon damage... I wouldn’t be so bold as to ask for more than one tweak at a time but I’d simply suggest comparing spearzon damage to other endgame class builds and drawing your own conclusions.
xXIchimaruXx
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
iam not the best player in mxl but ive been playing some xbow necro to compare it to bowzon

i know iam shitty at the game but while xbow necro could reach endgame without any problems in terms of solo progression (no trading)

i just couldnt do that with bowzon if it has something to do with my positioning or kiting ive been trying to pay attention to it but it was of no use,
i did clear up to a2 hell before basicly hitting a wall in terms of damage with Flowerspring , Jitans , deafall , Hanabigami , honorific gloves that gave me a huge str resist and dex bonus , and Siegfried rw in helm with some LL jewels , i simply couldnt complete the act even with points into curare i died in 2-3 hits (more or less stunned to death i did put MO's on my stuff to maybe help that fact but well that didnt work

i aggree that bowzon can perform pretty good in the late game [dunc , k3k , maybe even faust] but as a bosskiller or progressing as one it werent possible for me

maybe its just cuze i suck and its a factor of git gut but just going with the meta and play xbow basicly made me stop playing cuze playing xbow just didnt feel good to me like bowzon does
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shinoda wrote:iam not the best player in mxl but ive been playing some xbow necro to compare it to bowzon

i know iam shitty at the game but while xbow necro could reach endgame without any problems in terms of solo progression (no trading)

i just couldnt do that with bowzon if it has something to do with my positioning or kiting ive been trying to pay attention to it but it was of no use,
i did clear up to a2 hell before basicly hitting a wall in terms of damage with Flowerspring , Jitans , deafall , Hanabigami , honorific gloves that gave me a huge str resist and dex bonus , and Siegfried rw in helm with some LL jewels , i simply couldnt complete the act even with points into curare i died in 2-3 hits (more or less stunned to death i did put MO's on my stuff to maybe help that fact but well that didnt work

i aggree that bowzon can perform pretty good in the late game [dunc , k3k , maybe even faust] but as a bosskiller or progressing as one it werent possible for me

maybe its just cuze i suck and its a factor of git gut but just going with the meta and play xbow basicly made me stop playing cuze playing xbow just didnt feel good to me like bowzon does

I’m assuming your last statement implied that you didn’t like the play style? Otherwise that just contradicted your entire wall of text.