State of Amazons (a bit long)

Discuss Median XL!
Judarian
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Primarch wrote:
Judarian wrote:so im a bit confused on damage when it comes to spearzon. i have like 7 points in banseth spirits and 7 points into hyena strike. my weapon only does 76 damage max. so my damage on my banseth has a bit of added magic damage im not in game to calculate buts it might be like 250 max damage on sheet. now my hyena strike is suppose to be doing 4k-7800k why is it when i fight meph or duriel it only takes like 3 shots with banseth to kill him. and 10+ hyena strikes and this is me moving around him while poisons ticks. for him to die. i figured hyena which im geared towards for poison would be my bread and butter but my banseth spirits are doing way more damage and its a faster clear.

By “banseth” do you mean Great Hunt? That is a multihitting skill. One attack causes multiple instances of damage so you have to multiply the damage by the number of hits.

sorry yeah its great hunt. but its only 4 projectiles i might be looking at 1k damage all added together
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Marco wrote:Regarding bowzon, ive also played this considerably this season. There isn't much reason to discuss this build as it's gonna receive considerable changes.

(-:
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
spose this is relevant: viewtopic.php?p=302582#p302582
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
so i just found
Rakkis' Benediction
Rakkis' Benediction
Morion (Sacred)

Defense: 854 to 864
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 120
Hammer Path: -30% Enemy Lightning Resistance
Thunder Path: 150 Life after Each Kill
+(1 to 2) to Amazon Skill Levels
-1% Base Block Chance
+40% to Lightning Spell Damage
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+500 to Life
Physical Resist 10%
50% Bonus to Defense
30% Magic Find
Socketed (4)

seems like it would be gfg if stormcall is it all viable. anybody try it out ever?
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeroicDose wrote:spose this is relevant: viewtopic.php?p=302582#p302582

Not really. Very few people are lamenting the state of MMzons and Samael is hardly a build-viability check, regardless.

When you pool the resources of 3 veteran players (gear + jewels + near perfect charms) into a min-maxed Amazon and give him to arguably the most skilled Sam-killer in MXL (Ben-), who eventually kills him after 18 minutes of dodging death mechanics, it doesn't tell you much.

Spearzon is, by far, the worst Zon build and it needs a lot of work.
Judarian
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Primarch wrote:

Not really. Very few people are lamenting the state of MMzons and Samael is hardly a build-viability check, regardless.

When you pool the resources of 3 veteran players (gear + jewels + near perfect charms) into a min-maxed Amazon and give him to arguably the most skilled Sam-killer in MXL (Ben-), who eventually kills him after 18 minutes of dodging death mechanics, it doesn't tell you much.

i was having fun with mine. until i got to act 2 nm. and im falling off hard. great hunt does decent damage but with points pumped into balance and the thing that slows attackers. 1 wrong move and im dead
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Judarian wrote:
Primarch wrote:

i was having fun with mine. until i got to act 2 nm. and im falling off hard. great hunt does decent damage but with points pumped into balance and the thing that slows attackers. 1 wrong move and im dead

Survivability is the main issue. You can’t live long enough to use great hunt on any endgame content. It’s sad. If you just had some dodge + HP, it might be different but it’s been such a neglected build for so long.
Nucleus42
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think a small quality of life change to how fury works would help a lot too.
If it was changed so that it automatically activates if you use 2 different spear skills in succession or something like that rather than stopping attacking to try and run through a globe.
I would also like to see some avoid added. Maybe a buff instead of takedown since 0% of spear users use it.
Nucleus42
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I mainly play spearzon and have tried every skill set up imaginable. I have to agree with @primarch that end game is pointless as you cannot run anywhere with any rythem. (outside of having mega expensive setup). Doesn't need much just a couple of tweaks.
Maybe change balance to give flat life rather than defence? The main 2 builds that need defence have a way around it already (spear with lioness and hammer with max block)
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Still think bloodzon is the worst

I could easily farm fautzville with spearzon with poison focused crafts, Serenthia's Scorn SU, and helepolis helm, in last ladder