Let us have a talk about Nightmare Baal

Discuss Median XL!
Kruno
Cultist
22 | 0
The difficulty spike is so over the top that all prior posts on this subject are about letting your minions do the work.

My issue is that the spike is far too over the top. I am geared enough to tank Diablo and kill him in under 2 seconds, but god help me if I try to even run away from Baal as he teleports to me and one shots me, and even my minions last only a few seconds before all of them are killed.

Playing as a Sorc. I have respec'd multiple times, and I am pretty sure I have to follow the Sorc. guide in the Guides forum to the letter to be able to defeat Baal. I have given my Barb. ally all buffed sacred items and he still dies quickly as well. All my resistances are 200%, (88% with cap) except phys. 20%, and magic, which is 0%.

Anyway, I will figure it out on my own, I just wanted to say that the difficulty spike is inane and should be changed.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
U think that's rough? Try hell baal. He spawns diablos and other minions to kill u along with his other trash he does. It's a shit show.
Kruno
Cultist
22 | 0
The issue is more about the spike. If Nightmare Diablo was half as tough and Meph. was a quarter or something along those lines it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

The current balance is like visiting candy shops and eating candy and suddenly a meteor strikes Earth and everyone dies.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kruno wrote:The difficulty spike is so over the top that all prior posts on this subject are about letting your minions do the work.

My issue is that the spike is far too over the top. I am geared enough to tank Diablo and kill him in under 2 seconds, but god help me if I try to even run away from Baal as he teleports to me and one shots me, and even my minions last only a few seconds before all of them are killed.

Playing as a Sorc. I have respec'd multiple times, and I am pretty sure I have to follow the Sorc. guide in the Guides forum to the letter to be able to defeat Baal. I have given my Barb. ally all buffed sacred items and he still dies quickly as well. All my resistances are 200%, (88% with cap) except phys. 20%, and magic, which is 0%.

Anyway, I will figure it out on my own, I just wanted to say that the difficulty spike is inane and should be changed.

i dont rly think it should be changed. it just gives you a heads up what is coming. when you enter hell you certainly will know that you are in hell. even some rare monsters in hell are difficult but you just need to learn how they work. baal is same. you want to kill baal alone as he spawns clones when you have minions on your side. he teleports on you if you run away from him. He shoots black darkness on the ground. run away from it as soon as you see it. and Voila! you just killed him.
hpmons
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
I've beaten him with four characters (druid, necro, barb and amazon) and haven't had any problem. I die a couple of times, but that's only because I don't run away from the black cloud fast enough. I still don't think he's ever one-shot me. I don't really use minions for any of my characters.

Baal in hell... Now I tried that once, don't think I'll be trying that again for a very long time...
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tkorpi wrote:
Kruno wrote:The difficulty spike is so over the top that all prior posts on this subject are about letting your minions do the work.

i dont rly think it should be changed. it just gives you a heads up what is coming. when you enter hell you certainly will know that you are in hell. even some rare monsters in hell are difficult but you just need to learn how they work. baal is same. you want to kill baal alone as he spawns clones when you have minions on your side. he teleports on you if you run away from him. He shoots black darkness on the ground. run away from it as soon as you see it. and Voila! you just killed him.

Did you just assume everyone plays a minion build?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

Did you just assume everyone plays a minion build?

did i now? i just mentioned if you have minions with you then he will summon clones. almost every character in this game can have minions so thats why i included it there.
Kruno
Cultist
22 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:

Thanks. I will use this info now. Should I dump my merc. for the fight as well?
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Baal is easily killed by any character in tu4. If you cannot kill him, then the problem is in you or your assembly, this is not a reason to simplify the game. Take screenshots of the build, equipment and there will be tips for you. Insta kill mechanics have been removed in sigma, because it was unbalanced and special for hc.
Kruno
Cultist
22 | 0
So I killed him. Changed nothing but instead of poison damage I used cold whirlwind while spam casting my cold summon. He went down with no effort. Been running through hell, and the game including bosses are trivial again.

I should mention that Nightmare Baal is harder than Diablo Hell. lol