Duncraig mobs actual chance to hit?

Discuss Median XL!
Ice[Fire]
Cultist
21 | 0
I have a barb I use to farm Duncraig, ~1.4 mill def 50% DR with MF setup, level 124. My character page says the mobs have a 5% chance to hit me, but it's actually much higher. I get smoked by a pack of Slain Souls. Is there some mechanic I'm not aware of? How much defense do I actually need to stop them from hitting me? And yes I'm aware that running makes you lose all your defense, I'm not running.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Are you sure that isn't other thing that is hitting you like the barrels, the poison or the necromorbs attack?
I don't think these can be avoided with defense.
Ice[Fire]
Cultist
21 | 0
Imperius wrote:Are you sure that isn't other thing that is hitting you like the barrels, the poison or the necromorbs attack?
I don't think these can be avoided with defense.

Necromorbs attacks do use a defense check (pretty sure), but no It's none of those. I still die to barrels in a TCP/IP game due to desynch but I'm talking about actual groups of mobs. I'll get hit like 2 or 3 times per second if there's a big pack.

*edit* I notice the mobs turn red, is there some sort of enrage mechanic at work giving them massive AR boost?

*second edit* Solved my issue by going up to 1.9 mill defense, still curious if anyone has any concrete info or numbers
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
I suspect that necromorbs lower your defense on hit
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ice[Fire] wrote:*edit* I notice the mobs turn red, is there some sort of enrage mechanic at work giving them massive AR boost?

probably barbs wolf companion curse
Ice[Fire]
Cultist
21 | 0
Goodkidscc wrote:I suspect that necromorbs lower your defense on hit

Didn't think of that, I'll check that next time