why are belladonna elixers so rare (bit of a rant)

Discuss Median XL!
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I agree that the drop rate of Belladonnas could be increased a bit. As far as using the respec tool, it bugs out your character sheet in an annoying way (at least to me). It says you used 401 stat sigs instead of 400 and for some reason it annoys me, so I don't use it.
Pennybags
Destroyer
6 | 1
also this
nofurylion wrote:Play SP. There 3rd party offline tools that grant you free respec stat/skill.

Yep!

Dominos9189 wrote: As far as using the respec tool, it bugs out your character sheet in an annoying way (at least to me). It says you used 401 stat sigs instead of 400 and for some reason it annoys me, so I don't use it.

Because you are in SP and everything is local, respec your char once and then make a copy of the save file. Do your testing and then just revert to the save file you squirrelled away. Repeat as needed.

Sometimes old-school is the best school.
Ice[Fire]
Cultist
21 | 0
Farm cow level, they drop a TON of elixirs. I found like 6 in 5 runs last night.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
cyborgtemplar wrote:... I want to test different sin builds...

That's the problem. Single player is a better tool for that and elixers are to help respec when it is appropriate.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
problem with respeccing when it's appropriate, is what defines appropriate? is it appropriate for some classes to be completely useless till a build is found . . is it appropriate to restrict players from actually testing what builds are usable . . . I wouldn't be so opposed to these if it was after a season or two when some builds have been tested and fleshed out, or setting a specific location for them to be farmed relatively easily.

edit: as for farming cows, I've done several myself and haven't gotten a single drop. I've only gotten 2 belladonna's with a 116 melee sorc and 102 assassin (prettymuch gave up on assassin, they seem 100% worthless right now relative to sorc . . . and i don't even like melee sorc playstyle . . but at least i can do something with it). If i had a way to realistically test builds and find one that isn't so heavily gimped in so many ways then i'd probably pick it up again as theirs several potential ways i'd like to play it . . . but the belladonna drop rates prettymuch say "you get one build . . play that build . . if you fck up . . well here's a once a week chance to respec those few stats . . . other than that . . . good luck"
malderun
Prowler
17 | 3
Cyborg,
I think you need a friend I play est time zone usually between 3-10 depending the day.

/w Valguard or add me dooles maybe I can help your Respec situation.
And not to insult your situation I think the drop rate is just fine but when you got a build that's not working you get yourself stuck in a corner. Rather than tell you to get gud I'd rather help you out =p
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
cyborgtemplar wrote:. . is it appropriate to restrict players from actually testing what builds are usable . . . "

Absolutely. If you played cLod, reset tokens arent so casually come by when your gear is crap and its the same case for MXL. Fuck, for the longest time cLod had no reset tokens.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
This isn't cLoD.

Respeccing is a necessity in Median. Even if your skillset stays the same, you'll still need to adjust attribute points to optimize your build at various stages of play (and don't give me that "muh Akara respecs" bs).

That said, Belladonnas are fine as they are. But it could be helpful for new players if they dropped early a little more often.
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
This may piss some of you off but I found 2 c belladonnas in 2 minutes on my lvl 28 bowazon in the A2 sewers. Lol. Couldn’t believe my eyes
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
If you cannot be bothered to play SP with unlimited belladona or Akara respec(unlimited because you can duplicate your save file in sp) then you can try farming in high elite density areas like Nilathak Temple and Act 2 sewers. Ive found most of my respec pots in these areas especially in nilathak. Ive yet to find one in cows so I dont recommend it.