Melee Damage Calulation

Discuss Median XL!

Why is my calculated damage so much higher when I have Ghenna equipped compared to when I have Cinadide's weapon equiped?

The damage is obviously much higher on Cinadide's. Also, it seems like I kill things much more quickly with Cinadide's equipped. I've compared my kills speed of hell diablo with the two weapons and it is faster with cinadides.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Pubes_in_ur_OJ wrote:Image

Why is my calculated damage so much higher when I have Ghenna equipped compared to when I have Cinadide's weapon equiped?

The damage is obviously much higher on Cinadide's. Also, it seems like I kill things much more quickly with Cinadide's equipped. I've compared my kills speed of hell diablo with the two weapons and it is faster with cinadides.

Gehenna's damage is fake damage, the game add the poison portion into the formula, which ruin it. The screen only show the damage possible from a single hit, not damage you do in like 3 second hitting.
>>So: Any high poison damage to weapon will fake your damage, and it looks much higher.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Because of poison damage calculation and displaing on char screen (Gehenna almost doubles duration of your poison part of WDM and so it doubles TOTAL damage from poison).
http://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison
Thanks for the clarification. Is there a tool to use or a formula to follow to get a reliable estimate of melee DPS?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
D2Stats can show a breakdown of your damage types, I believe. Can't say how accurate it is.