Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
crushing blow, when it triggers your hit takes a percentage of the monster's health, it happens before your normal swing damage is dealt.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
CB never worked against hard bosses in ubers, you only feel difference during leveling, act bosses, superuniques.
Leveling definitely isn't the best, especially if alternative is something like treewarden.
Very weak start in a1-a2, then gets better, but still nothing special, Your skills are mostly aoe and not multihitting enough. If you make lot of uniques, its gonna be smooth, but thats being carried by gear.
For endgame you can definitely make very good farming version, there is good selection of very good bows, including mr painless which is its own realm of power.

Homing nova shot I havn't tried, but unless something is wrong with that skill (for example really short range or weird target selection), it should be very good single target:

Full fire conversion makes it extra premium, possible to scale it further than physical skill.
youtube.com/ae1337
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Homing Nova Shot gives insane single target damage, however the range of it makes you basically a melee char. It has 14 range as far as I remember and like half or 1/3 of the projectiles of Nova Shot, but they all hit if you are close to the enemy. The range however made me give up using it.
Personally I wasn't impressed with the bow druid I made. Nova Shot seemed like the best for everything, the other skills didn't hit very hard and have slow projectile speed too. This might have changed with great gear though.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Thing is you can make it all hit boss, vs old nova shot where you had to tp directly on top of boss and even then like half or 1/3 of them hit, part of the nova.
It seems like it has potential, but ofc there are other downsides of bow druid for that.
youtube.com/ae1337
Daeblana
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Oh wow, crushing blow, duh. That simple haha. I thought it was some item or skill that was nerfed/removed. Thanks for the clarification, my old D2 abbreviations are a tad rusty.
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
i meant using with widowmaker since the helm gives you it
marres
Imp
5 | 0
Daeblana wrote:OK, help a newer Sigma player of a Bow Druid out here... What is CB?

Crushing Blow
sunstrider
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bow druids are awesome. Mine is level 127 and wrecks shit, even fauzt. I had trouble dealing with single target bosses until I came across
Savage Hunter
, which has homing nova shot. You don't need to be very close to the boss to hit it, though less arrows will strike. Stacking fire damage with -%enemy fire res (Hellfire plate, 2x fire rune belt. Geleb gloves, that helm) is gucci as fuck and makes the bow druid very enjoyable against alot of weaker targets (Cascade skill, auto targets enemies) i.e. Dunc, TA, Fauzt and mildly difficult vs bosses. You can get up to Kabraxis with little difficulty using a strong bow i.e. Painless (which I currently use). Make sure you have above 250% IAS (should be easy with Wolf stance if you use Maffer's Frenzy & Geleb Greed set gloves). The only boss I have difficulty with right now is Xazax, which spawns invincible minions and decoys the arrows from hitting main boss.
Also use a +4 SK doom ammy for massive shit wrecking in large areas.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Crushing Blow. It took a mobs life down by a % when it proc'd.

I made a bow druid with Hellreach and Fire gear, hoping that Nova shot and Homing nova shot would do ok.

I'm not geared the greatest, but so far it's kill speed in k3k at level 117 is crap. I also don't full understand mechanics though. For example, Deathgaze is a barb skill that does cold damage and part of your weapon damage as phys. My logic would be to stack cold damage and pierce. Apparently, it works better to go pure Phys with a huge 2 hander. No clue why.

You would think if you have a fire arrow, fire damage would be best. Cold attack should be cold damage. Nope.
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
so i think the op is talking about this helm which does indeed look quite sexy. Anyone tried this helm yet?

also found this bow earlier and was like OMG did i just get painless.. alas no but looks.. interesting? anyone tried?