Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Personally I've always considered witch and valthek as the most enjoyable fights in median.

mystearica wrote:Fucking retarded mechanics only does force people to buy charms ,not spending it on gear because gear is irrelevant. Really nice.

If gear is irrelevant, then it should be easy? After all, it's not your fault, now is it?
Edited by cowking 5 years.
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Crash wrote:there are a large variety of ways you can do more than just get more hp and regen. use debuffs, learn to dodge. you can control the fight a lot more than you are trying.

show me an atanna khan with a sub-10000 life character besides barb and pally, say assassin, its not about trying i have completed purify ubers and there is a far difference between levels of efficiency because barbs and dins are so superior

having a 10-15 minute clear vs a 40 minute clear with "get better try harder lul" is not a good answer, that's a viability limitation to design or broken balance with weighed favoritism

SeaWeed wrote:Purify just means that your damage output is being approximately set to a constant. Basically it's only proportional to your skill if you neglect "rng" (bosses moving around, teleporting away) which is the whole point of purify. With this information it should be obvious what to do. There is no "bis" gear for every content in median, and there never will be. Deal with it.

correct, and why should this be the case in a game where everyone is fighting to become much stronger lol, neutralising every aspect of the end-game goal and grind of the design, to make it "balanced" is called bad design.
Nyanchu
Imp
5 | 0
assassin is probably the strongest char against witch and laz, despite her low hp, not all builds can clear all content, not even all classes. But most can do most of it

edit: I dislike purify alot for most of the part, but I personally think valthek is the coolest concept in the game. laz and uldy I believe needs a rework but purify can stay, laz is too annoying in the fact that its near impossible to kill him without clearing, which seems counter-intuitive in a fight where you absolutely can't die and anything touches you kills you for most of it. Uldy fight is just too long and annoying with the changes to slow etc.
Witch I honestly kinda like the concept of, I just hate the nova :evil:
Edited by Nyanchu 5 years.
Amazon
Banned
16 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
You have to play games like league of legends in order to get skills for this kind of ubers
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
If you dont like them just dont do it, do the ones you like and let the others alone, the devs will change this if they feel its necessary.
If they created such a great mod like this they will know if this needs to be changed or not.
For me its fine, it feels like this makes all the builds more equivalent, instead of one doing the boss in seconds and the other struggling because it doesnt have the necessary skills, now they all have the same skill, kinda simple but its there.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ill take 10 purify boss fights any day of the week over one triune boss fight :D
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Imperius wrote:If you dont like them just dont do it, do the ones you like and let the others alone, the devs will change this if they feel its necessary.
If they created such a great mod like this they will know if this needs to be changed or not.
For me its fine, it feels like this makes all the builds more equivalent, instead of one doing the boss in seconds and the other struggling because it doesnt have the necessary skills, now they all have the same skill, kinda simple but its there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27216

^ this is the hardest boss in the game, i have yet to clear it myself but have no motivation to, for many reasons.

according to all the people who believe neutralizing all purpose of Diablo franchise design which is negating item impact and time investment in finding / farming said items and utilizing "purify" mechanics, seems like the solution here is to make Samael, the "hardest" and endgame boss of median, a purify boss also. Lol

"purify" as a concept, is not a good design for diablo 2 endgame, it's as simple as that. it has its pluses. it's definitely more enabling and "balanced" by definition, but that doesn't make it good in philosophy. Understand the difference, please.

Certain classes have definite advantages, that should be addressed. Certain builds have great advantages using Purify, that should be addressed. at the end of the day, it's as simple as that.
Vincendra
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
A good example of a Purify fight imho is the "spirit world" dungeon in Teganze. I like that you have to use Purify on totems and then shortly can hit the boss, until he spawns another totem.

Better then Hit and Run Purify Defence Checks imho.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
oztor wrote:Ill take 10 purify boss fights any day of the week over one triune boss fight :D

Same, it takes too much time for me, or this is really a slow uber or i am a noob at that boss.
I am waiting for free time to do this one.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
inori92 wrote:
Imperius wrote:If you dont like them just dont do it, do the ones you like and let the others alone, the devs will change this if they feel its necessary.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27216

^ this is the hardest boss in the game, i have yet to clear it myself but have no motivation to, for many reasons.

according to all the people who believe neutralizing all purpose of Diablo franchise design which is negating item impact and time investment in finding / farming said items and utilizing "purify" mechanics, seems like the solution here is to make Samael, the "hardest" and endgame boss of median, a purify boss also. Lol

"purify" as a concept, is not a good design for diablo 2 endgame, it's as simple as that. it has its pluses. it's definitely more enabling and "balanced" by definition, but that doesn't make it good in philosophy. Understand the difference, please.

Certain classes have definite advantages, that should be addressed. Certain builds have great advantages using Purify, that should be addressed. at the end of the day, it's as simple as that.

Samael doesnt require purify(where did you even heard that?) and barbs do that uber about in 1 minute while other classes struggles to do it at all.

So you have an hardest uber that doesnt have purify mechanic and it creates a bigger gap between builds/chars. If it was a purify battle every char would be pretty much equal.

So your argument is invalid.

Edit: I think valthek fight is one of the best if not the best uber in the game. It literally gives same items and skills for every char and the fight itself is 15 minute max and really not that hard. You almost have no differences between chars/builds since they use same skill and item. What else do you want? I think its a great design and really fun to do.

Uldy is one of my favourite ubers as well. It takes a lot of time (75min in my case) but i think its not a cancer fight. You just need some patient. And pretty much every build/char can run them.

Compared to what they were before sigma, A LOT of the ubers are really nice right now and i hope will get even more improved over time.