Pls remove purify from this game

Discuss Median XL!
Fabiessence
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Grinding is what matter for me and makes a game like this solid and fun. Getting better gear in order to grind in harder zones for better items, sell them for more tg, then once you reach max level, you'll just try out a different new character cause you can afford it and you want it.
More than the purify thing, which I mostly hate but dont care too much since there is a great market where you can buy everything, i feel the lack of a proper zone to level up once you get 140 lvl. Uldyssian exp runs are not fun no matter how much you like the game. I dont care about the slow 140 - 150 process, as long as I get a proper zone to do it, with mass strong enemies and a better drop rate, maybe with some exclusive items. After all thats the best way to reward us. So you know you have to grind hard to get in those tough zones but with higher chances to get awesome items. Sounds pretty great to me.
Excuse my poor vocabulary, Spanish native here.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
kasiraka wrote:I mostly agree with you but making a rage post isnt going to get the dev's to listen. Try to offer some constructive feedback, how you might change things.

I think the whole point of purify is to make endgame content not trivialized by OP gear and spec, though I agree it is clunky and overused.

Glow-Worm wrote:Purify was meant for strategic endgame fights. It would be kinda dumb if you could faceroll every boss with BiS gear.

You know i totally get that and please excuse me being very new.. (Just got my very first character in D2 EVER to 135 and done almost everything up to that point at least. :P ) But, with all the good shit they changed from baseline D2 (Pure Immunity's, ect) to make the game not only better but more fun as well as well as all this content they added to the game and what they have did here (Which im beyond impressed these guys doing this mod are on GGGs level of dedication) i really honestly think as far as what they are trying to accomplish with the Purify Mechanic they could honestly add the same depth to boss fights and challenge with other mechanics for each fight or at least more interesting mechanics than what Purify does.

My personal biggest gripe with Purify as a newer player??? Why on EARTH am i FORCED to replace one of my pieces of Gear for it? If it was a charm from the start? Maybe not such a big deal but boy once i get the Duncraig the first time and get that ring and figured out what it was for and how it all worked? I was kinda pissed off... I had already at that point was not only trying to work with only TUs on my first character ever and actually by then had some decent things for myself like my jewelry.. about the only things really good i had found for my build at that point. I had two really nice rings that squared away everything real nice.. only to find out i was screwed because one of my rings was accounted for and didn't even know it yet. Pretty frustrating from a new player perspective for sure.

Of course now im starting to get the hang of it and starting to down some of these super tough bosses with this mechanic they have but, to be completely honest? Its the LEAST fun thing ive experienced in this game so far. Everything else is litteraly perfect. Loot means something, Gearing has a very distinct progression ive noticed, Farming is something thats actually fun, Some of the boss fights are already top notch that dont have this mechanic and are still brutal in difficulty (Depending on class/spec of course) like Kabraxis or Belial for really nice examples.. Both fights can be punishing and can be quite difficult and better or worse gear can help some but its not the end all be all either.. you can be in BIS for your setup and you still need to do the fights well to complete them. I just feel like the final endgame boss fights with this purify mechanic in place could be made much more interesting AND Challenging. Because at the end of the day Purify is NOT adding Challenge to the game.. its adding a layer of tediousness.. Uldyssian was one of the best AND worst fights ive had so far.. Awesome because of the mechanics minus Purify.. but because of Purify it just turned into a hit and run for 5+secs then repeat till finished kinda thing which actually took away from the fight not added to it. It just drags the fight out unnecessarily for what seems like days.. And no matter how much better my gear is it will never change.. it will still be exactly the same which is kinda lame.

And the speed on the projectile? I mean if aiming wasnt limited to 8 directions only it wouldnt be such a big deal but i mean ive already at this point had so many times where i can be right next to the boss, toss out Purify right at the boss, and it STILL miss and go right through the boss almost because it just didnt connect. It was just that much off. Combine this with Latency and you have a combination that can make for some truly fustrating fights that again isnt so much difficult as they are just tedious and frustrating.