Sets and item bases really bother me. Anyone got a fix?

Discuss Median XL!
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
I've done over 500 k3k runs since sigma launch as i'm trying to collect full sets.

Set requires ancient armor? Yeah gl ever finishing that set.
Set requires ancient armor? Yeah it's a 1 in 3 chance to be the one you're looking for.

Playing assassin? No problem get full vizjun set in a few k3k runs.

Playing holy melee? Gl getting gauntlets, plated belt, hand of god and ANCIENT ARMOR in under 100 runs. (you won't get the ancient armor though) (still 1 in 3)

Look at how unbalanced this is. Cinadide could be the worst set in the game, completely useless and yet you may NEVER finish it solo because of the item bases of the set. It isn't bad but it could be and it would still be extremely rare even if it did nothing. All because of the item base.

Vizjun on the other hand, do a k3k run and you'll FOR SURE find a few pieces because of the bases of that set. Same with achilios. Because of the item bases they decided to make the set out of.

You can fix item drop rates for sets specifically and keep the sacred uniques the same rarity. Making inferior items to runewords and crafts just because of their item base so rare is a terrible design. Probably too much work for the devs so they don't care.

Poor balance, devs don't say anything, no rework on drop rates, they want you to play tsw, trade, use tg.

If anyone could edit the files to change this let me know, I play sp.

Let it be known I've done 500+ runs, no warped blade, no ancient armor, no crown shield, no crown, no ceremonial armor, no gilded shield, no henchmen trophies. Notice how they're all of the rarest bases? Hadriels isn't good, can't finish that set due to crown shield. Adrias set isn't good, can't finish that due to ceremonial armor. So pathetic of a design choice.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
try 100 runs in Duncraig instead of 500 k3kba . your luck will change
KhaldonB
Acid Prince
46 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:try 100 runs in Duncraig instead of 500 k3kba . your luck will change

100 runs in dunc will net me better gear that i won't be needing the set anymore. the point is that the sets are supposed to be obtainable at 115 ~ 120.
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
KhaldonB wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:try 100 runs in Duncraig instead of 500 k3kba . your luck will change

100 runs in dunc will net me better gear that i won't be needing the set anymore. the point is that the sets are supposed to be obtainable at 115 ~ 120.

and that is completely unbalanced and is a terrible design to the point where there shouldn't even be sets in the game.
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
One thing I did when looking for ancient armors and warp blades is use the item notifier in d2stats. You can add in whatever items you want to be notified of. I've done less than 10 k3k/TA runs and found Rathma's Skeleton and 3 other ancient armors along with 4 warp blades. Honestly sometimes with the clutter on the ground it's easy to miss.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Duncraig has an increased bias for those base items to drop , therefore it is more common to find in Duncraig the set parts you did not find in k3kba . If k3kba would have had the same bias , i'm not sure if Duncraig would have been such a popular place to farm ,as people would just focus on farming k3kba instead , as the difficulty is easier
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Shovelspoon wrote:One thing I did when looking for ancient armors and warp blades is use the item notifier in d2stats. You can add in whatever items you want to be notified of. I've done less than 10 k3k/TA runs and found Rathma's Skeleton and 3 other ancient armors along with 4 warp blades. Honestly sometimes with the clutter on the ground it's easy to miss.

you know were talking about set items? You didn't find 4 set ancient armors and 4 set warp blades in 10 runs. You're straight up lying at that point.
KhaldonB
Acid Prince
46 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:Duncraig has an increased bias for those base items to drop , therefore it is more common to find in Duncraig the set parts you did not find in k3kba . If k3kba would have had the same bias , i'm not sure if Duncraig would have been such a good place to farm as people would just focus on farming k3kba instead , as the difficulty is easier

but duncraig is essential if you want to get SSUs as SSUs only drop after 117+ so it will still be a viable farming place but i got your point.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
IMO, they should just give 1 random full set for playing class (with 1 socket only) as Hell Diablo drop.
Set is good, but by the time you complete it, it is utterly useless.
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:Duncraig has an increased bias for those base items to drop , therefore it is more common to find in Duncraig the set parts you did not find in k3kba . If k3kba would have had the same bias , i'm not sure if Duncraig would have been such a good place to farm as people would just focus on farming k3kba instead , as the difficulty is easier

People would still farm Duncraig since in Kurast only the lowest level of Sacred Uniques can drop, while in Duncraig the next tier of Sacred Uniques can drop. Personally I'm kinda fine with some items being rare, although OP has a point that by the time you have these rare items you're likely not needing the set anymore, especially if you go farm Duncraig.