Discuss Median XL!
Zuulrethad
Stone Warrior
33 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there any hope that we'll get /players 8 back in single player? I really dislike playing online as my internet connection isn't the best, but right now I feel "forced" (yay buzzwords) to play online to have any chance of acquiring decent gear via trading and am having a really hard time staying interested thanks to lots of lag.

D2 and Median have always been most enjoyable as single player games to me, which was made enjoyable by the players command. Now, with the loss of this as well as the shared stash from plugy so single player truly is strictly solo self found, Median XL Sigma feels more like "Meh"dian.

Real talk, should I even bother? Only reason I continue to play is in hopes that the players command will return to single player at some point.

*That said, I want to thank the MXL team for providing what is easily the most enjoyable form of D2 that I have experienced over the years. By far one of the highest quality mods I've played in any game, current qualms aside.

Thanks!
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You already have /players 3 by default.

I play online, but only solo. So, I have players 1. Also, players 2 gives the same amount of exp online. You already level faster than us so I don't see what the issue is.
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
I totally understand the exp/item drop issue with the loss of p8 but you still have infinite stash. You just have to open up dual clients and use TCP/IP under MP and trade w yourself.
KhaldonB
Acid Prince
46 | 0
Bagboy_Brown wrote:You already have /players 3 by default.

I play online, but only solo. So, I have players 1. Also, players 2 gives the same amount of exp online. You already level faster than us so I don't see what the issue is.

but you choose to play solo, if you want to play with more players you will join a crowded game.
what if i want to play with /players8 ? it is not that i hate online i just can't play because of ping and delays.
plus, I don't really see the reason they removed the command for. i hope they aren't forcing people to play tsw.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bagboy_Brown, you'll never cease to amaze me with your ignorance. At least go read some wiki before you even trying to answer such questions.

Nope.

Bagboy_Brown wrote:Also, players 2 gives the same amount of exp online.

Hell no.

Bagboy_Brown wrote:You already level faster than us so I don't see what the issue is.

And finally you got the right answer, third time is a charm I guess.
Redoks
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Celladoor wrote:I totally understand the exp/item drop issue with the loss of p8 but you still have infinite stash. You just have to open up dual clients and use TCP/IP under MP and trade w yourself.

You can totally do that too on servers, so I don't get your point...
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Redoks wrote:
Celladoor wrote:I totally understand the exp/item drop issue with the loss of p8 but you still have infinite stash. You just have to open up dual clients and use TCP/IP under MP and trade w yourself.

You can totally do that too on servers, so I don't get your point...

Then reread the op and you will “get the point”.

Op claimed there was no infinite stash/self mulling and he has to be self found (on each character?) so, I was just stating that you CAN mule and trade items between your SP characters.
Edited by Rishab 5 years. Reason: edited out the insult
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Zuulrethad wrote:/players 8 in single player
read here on the pages 2 and 3 http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=10
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SwineFlu wrote:Bagboy_Brown, you'll never cease to amaze me with your ignorance. At least go read some wiki before you even trying to answer such questions.

Nope.

Bagboy_Brown wrote:Also, players 2 gives the same amount of exp online.

Hell no.

Bagboy_Brown wrote:You already level faster than us so I don't see what the issue is.

And finally you got the right answer, third time is a charm I guess.

That's funny. Because I specifically remember a Dev saying SP is set somewhere = players 3. Also, my 2nd statement is accurate as well. Two of us were in Teganze and I was still only getting 8 exp per mob (same as I get for playing solo).
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Zuulrethad wrote:/players 8 in single player
read here on the pages 2 and 3 http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=10

Not everyone have enough RAM to keep 8 windows of D2 opened :roll: