Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Okay so I’ve made a few posts in the past inquiring about item dyes and got no feedback. I could swear I read somewhere that they were going to be implemented in Sigma. Can anyone confirm and, if not, can we please implement them? I can’t imagine the coding would be that difficult.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
1) Please don't assume what's difficult to implement and what is not, especially if you have no idea how to actually implement it yourself.

2) Yep it was planned, and as a matter of fact, all the required code for it is already coded in the core engine in the version you're using right now, we just need to create items that make use of the functionality, and think of how we want to make them available in-game. Is it buyable from vendors, is it a reward, a random world drop? We didn't get to put time into that for the 1.0 release as we had a lot of higher priority tasks to finish first, but item dyes are likely gonna be in 1.1
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
whist wrote:text

I am waiting for this since the beginning, thanks for the information, i wish i could give you a cookie.
Edit: now i can, given!
Edited by Imperius 5 years.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
To slightly piggyback on this; is there an idea for clear dye or invisible dye for the helmet slot? There are many helm designs that I personally dislike seeing such as Masks, Helms, Skull Cups, etc.

Cheers :)
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
whist wrote:1) Please don't assume what's difficult to implement and what is not, especially if you have no idea how to actually implement it yourself.

2) Yep it was planned, and as a matter of fact, all the required code for it is already coded in the core engine in the version you're using right now, we just need to create items that make use of the functionality, and think of how we want to make them available in-game. Is it buyable from vendors, is it a reward, a random world drop? We didn't get to put time into that for the 1.0 release as we had a lot of higher priority tasks to finish first, but item dyes are likely gonna be in 1.1

can make some actually equipment appearance not just in inventory?
Edited by blackwalker 2 years.
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
whist wrote:2) Yep it was planned, and as a matter of fact, all the required code for it is already coded in the core engine in the version you're using right now, we just need to create items that make use of the functionality, and think of how we want to make them available in-game. Is it buyable from vendors, is it a reward, a random world drop? We didn't get to put time into that for the 1.0 release as we had a lot of higher priority tasks to finish first, but item dyes are likely gonna be in 1.1

I hope it'll be this next season
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lordnecro wrote:
whist wrote:2) Yep it was planned, and as a matter of fact, all the required code for it is already coded in the core engine in the version you're using right now, we just need to create items that make use of the functionality, and think of how we want to make them available in-game. Is it buyable from vendors, is it a reward, a random world drop? We didn't get to put time into that for the 1.0 release as we had a lot of higher priority tasks to finish first, but item dyes are likely gonna be in 1.1

Living up to your name, eh?
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
lordnecro wrote:

Living up to your name, eh?

I really hope so too... I miss that white dye aesthetic.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
whist wrote:1) Please don't assume what's difficult to implement and what is not, especially if you have no idea how to actually implement it yourself.

Plz just make them drops with a drop rate similar to that of Belladonna elixirs or just have Akara sell them next to MO’s.

Plz <3
UnShrek27
Fallen
1 | 1
this is very cool and interesting!