Discuss Median XL!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Image Hell yeah, the most anticipated feature is coming back on the menu boys Image
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This wont be fun at all. You can stack res and absorb vs casters, so they will heal you. And every magic damage build like bloodzon will dominate every game :-X
mars1
Bone Archer
78 | 3
Manu300000 wrote:This wont be fun at all. You can stack res and absorb vs casters, so they will heal you. And every magic damage build like bloodzon will dominate every game :-X

yes it will atleast for me i suspect for others too, but if its not for you , you dont have to duel you are not obligated to
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mars1 wrote:
Manu300000 wrote:This wont be fun at all. You can stack res and absorb vs casters, so they will heal you. And every magic damage build like bloodzon will dominate every game :-X

yes it will atleast for me i suspect for others too, but if its not for you , you dont have to duel you are not obligated to

That was just my opinion, im sorry if i have offended you

all im saying was ; we had pvp in this mod. and it was no fun at all ;)
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member

One of the motivations to bring back PVP in it's own separated game mode is that we can design rules specifically for PVP. Maximum resists and absorption for example could be reduced in PVP if we wanted to. Some skills not suited for PVP can be disabled, some item mods can be altered, etc.
V_i_n_S
Thunder Beetle
52 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
whist wrote:PVP will come back in a future patch, with a better integration.

Specifically in the next patch or in one of the upcoming? :bounce:
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
V_i_n_S wrote:Specifically in the next patch or in one of the upcoming? :bounce:

Still to be determined.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
whist wrote:
V_i_n_S wrote:Specifically in the next patch or in one of the upcoming? :bounce:

Still to be determined.

Interesting.. are you going to be doing balancing around it? Or just leave it as a sort of minigame?
Mainframe
Skeleton
2 | 1
For the vast majority of players who tried PvP in D2LOD the game was an unbalanced shit show. For some, that chaotic mess was fun. For most, probably not. However, for the few well-geared players who created a GM dueling community with rules on itemization (limited absorb/max resist and HP regeneration), the game was surprisingly well-balanced. The huge pvp damage penalty (1/6th damage) went a long way to making this possible but the community adding caps on resist/absorb so that casters could be viable was huge as well. TBS, I would love to see pvp added, even if it was a complete shit show, just so that i could throw down against my friends.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, i can hardly imagine high-level char PVP in median, too much stuff to rework.
But hey, at least we could do some challenges, like it was in cLoD. For example:
- hardcore char
- max level - 9
- (not in all versions) using only stuff you found until lvl9

Making such char is not big challenge, you can get to lvl9 (or lvl12 in median, i think) in < 20mins. If you keep last rule - this won't cost you much (but still requires some creative way to farm best possible items while not gaining levels AND not dying to mobs). And only one chance =)
This was fun - no 1-hit KO, no uber-spells. For cLoD smite pally was leader (but not absolute), for median... Dunno, needs testing =)