Stealthmaster's Weapons/Armor ideas

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hi everybody! This thread will be showing item variants that I have in my mind. The main idea is to show various new Runewords that require socketing two Great Runes (like Taha+Auhe, Qor+Krys etc). I will be posting many item variants (ideally, 2 RWs per item type aka daggers/druid staves/boots/amazon shields etc) till I get bored. :)

This is NOT a suggestion thread. I don't care if any item ideas from this thread will be used in future Median patches or not. I like playing with testv code, so this is just my brainstorming ideas, nothing more :)

Weapons:

Bows:

Crossbows:

Staves:

Scepters:

Javelins:

Throwing Knives:

Throwing Axes:

WIP.
Edited by Stealthmaster 7 years.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Amazon Bows:

Amazon Spears:

Amazon Javelins:

Assassin Claws:

Assassin Naginata:

Barbarian Weapons:

Druid Bows:

Druid Staves:

Necromancer Scythes:

Necromancer Daggers:

Necromancer Staves:

Necromancer Wands:

Necromancer Crossbows:

Paladin Spears:

Paladin Blunt Weapons:

Sorceress Orbs:

Sorceress Crystal Swords:

Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Body Armor:

Helms:

Circlets:

Shields:

Belts:

Gloves:

Boots:

Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Amazon Helms:

Amazon Shields:

Assassin Shields:

Barbarian Helms:

Barbarian Shields:

Druid Helms:

Necromancer Shields:

Paladin Helms:

Paladin Shields:

Sorceress Body Armors:

AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Everything looks pretty balanced, and there's interesting stats on some! As much as I love Garuda (my personal favorite so far) I believe it might be too strong. I'm playing an assassin this season and a huge chunk of my skill points are being used on the 'ways'. For a crossbow to instantly get all of those skill points for free (which is A LOT of damage), is too crazy for a runeword. It would be better if it were a SSSU. I think that if you want to add elemental damage with the 'ways' skills in the runeword they should be of a lower level, as + to all skills would raise it a bit anyway.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea... I love it! Its just that i think it needs to be toned down a bit if it's going to be a runeword. But I may be wrong. You're more experienced with the mod than I probably am, so you can make of this what you will. Keep up the cool ideas! I hope Sigma developers are taking notes :-D
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Well, Ways mostly benefit from hard points, so the total damage is not meant to be capable for oneshotting everything. If I did the calculating right, Way of the Phoenix with 30 hard points (assassin char) and 0 soft ponits gives you 3-4k fire damage, while 30 soft points (passive oskill from the crossbow) only grants 450-600 fire damage, which is more balanced. :)
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Stealthmaster wrote:Well, Ways mostly benefit from hard points, so the total damage is not meant to be capable for oneshotting everything. If I did the calculating right, Way of the Phoenix with 30 hard points (assassin char) and 0 soft ponits gives you 3-4k fire damage, while 30 soft points (passive oskill from the crossbow) only grants 450-600 fire damage, which is more balanced. :)

Oh, ok that makes more sense. I didn't know that it was different for soft points. Well now I want to find that item!!! Hahaha :P
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
sweet thread, will cookie asap
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
+1 for the effort and brainstorming. The feedback and ideas from community is always a happy thing.

Now small portion of critical things about items you showed.
Sword - looks like pure melee/wdm char weapon. Thus mana regen makes no sense. Even for wolf.
Long bow - looks like weapon for ranged char. Taking consideration the range i think balefire proc might be useless for example for cascade druid/baragge amazon just because the main atack will kill enemy before the proc even reaches it. If you use proc as negative balancing feature - on striking + haraigami probably counters that ez.
Xbow - well looks like necro weapon, sadly necro already has dragonfire oil, powerfull buff and debuff.
Stave - too good item unless you make runes unsocketable in next patch. And ED in it - why ?
Scepter - seems ok. Would like to see some negavite stats to balance it out a bit. Like -60% FHR/FRW or -5 % to block.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anonymous: wrote:+1 for the effort and brainstorming. The feedback and ideas from community is always a happy thing.

Now small portion of critical things about items you showed.
Sword - looks like pure melee/wdm char weapon. Thus mana regen makes no sense. Even for wolf.
Long bow - looks like weapon for ranged char. Taking consideration the range i think balefire proc might be useless for example for cascade druid/baragge amazon just because the main atack will kill enemy before the proc even reaches it. If you use proc as negative balancing feature - on striking + haraigami probably counters that ez.
Xbow - well looks like necro weapon, sadly necro already has dragonfire oil, powerfull buff and debuff.
Stave - too good item unless you make runes unsocketable in next patch. And ED in it - why ?
Scepter - seems ok. Would like to see some negavite stats to balance it out a bit. Like -60% FHR/FRW or -5 % to block.

The sword's mana regen is the stats from the Auhe rune. Same for the staff's 30%ed from Sha'ad.