d2qol 1.5.0 - Quality of Life Utility

Discuss Median XL!
User avatar
ryunp
Lava Lord
92 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
1.4.0: Fixed a couple of glaring issues. Should be more stable.

Error: Nonexisting Hokey
There was problems with some of the logic handling hotkey assignment, some of which was causing issues for Scalewinged and ShadowDawn. These should now be fixed along with a few other scenarios that I discovered.

App Updates and Config Files
Any inconsistency between saved config file and internal config structure is now automatically reverted to default, no more manual file interaction on app updates. If any missing/mismatched settings occur, a dialog box on bootup will identify which settings have been reset and require reconfiguration.
► GIF Preview

New Icon
=D

► List Of All Changes
User avatar
ryunp
Lava Lord
92 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
1.4.1: Fixed an issue with releasing the mouse block during clicking sequence when window focus changes. No longer should you be held hostage by d2qol.
Ibra1
Pit Knight
111 | 1
Don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I can't seem to get the drop on ground to work... I hit the F4, and the mule runs up and left, and the item is picked up, but not dropped.
User avatar
ryunp
Lava Lord
92 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Ibra1 wrote:Don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I can't seem to get the drop on ground to work... I hit the F4, and the mule runs up and left, and the item is picked up, but not dropped.


Hmmm, is this a persistent and repeatable problem? I could see this happening if the latency is so high the pickup action doesn't register until after the click outside the inventory window.
Ibra1
Pit Knight
111 | 1
ryunp wrote:
Ibra1 wrote:Don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I can't seem to get the drop on ground to work... I hit the F4, and the mule runs up and left, and the item is picked up, but not dropped.


Hmmm, is this a persistent and repeatable problem? I could see this happening if the latency is so high the pickup action doesn't register until after the click outside the inventory window.


Actually, I saw it work correctly a few times when I tried it after your message. But it is very inconsistent. If I hit F4 like 10 times in a row, it might drop the item 1 or 2 of those times (or, sometimes not at all within 10 tries). And, each time I hit the F4, the mule runs towards the top left corner (Till it is stopped by a wall or something). If I hit F4 like 3 times in a row, and then it does the drop, it drops the item way back where I was standing earlier.

Can I adjust the latency some on this? I Don't need it to drop the items super-fast, just consistently. I can manually drop items as fast as I can move the mouse so I'm thinking the program is moving just the bit faster than my latency can handle.
User avatar
ryunp
Lava Lord
92 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Ibra1 wrote: And, each time I hit the F4, the mule runs towards the top left corner (Till it is stopped by a wall or something). If I hit F4 like 3 times in a row, and then it does the drop, it drops the item way back where I was standing earlier.


It sounds like there is client/server sync latency messing with the client events. I feel this may not be a d2qol issue directly, but rather side effects of server latency. It would help to know some info about your location:

1. What region are you located?
2. What game server do you connect to? (use /gs in lobby/game)
3. What is a typical Ping: value from the in-game /fps command?
3. What Interaction Delay setting do you use in d2qol?
4. Do you have issues with other 'delayed reactions' during gameplay?

If there is some serious server latency issues the only solution would be to keep bumping up the Interaction Delay setting until it behaves consistently. 40ms is a good value to use as it is the duration of a rendered frame (1000ms/25fps = 40ms).
Ibra1
Pit Knight
111 | 1
ryunp wrote:
Ibra1 wrote: And, each time I hit the F4, the mule runs towards the top left corner (Till it is stopped by a wall or something). If I hit F4 like 3 times in a row, and then it does the drop, it drops the item way back where I was standing earlier.


It sounds like there is client/server sync latency messing with the client events. I feel this may not be a d2qol issue directly, but rather side effects of server latency. It would help to know some info about your location:

1. What region are you located?
2. What game server do you connect to? (use /gs in lobby/game)
3. What is a typical Ping: value from the in-game /fps command?
3. What Interaction Delay setting do you use in d2qol?
4. Do you have issues with other 'delayed reactions' during gameplay?

If there is some serious server latency issues the only solution would be to keep bumping up the Interaction Delay setting until it behaves consistently. 40ms is a good value to use as it is the duration of a rendered frame (1000ms/25fps = 40ms).


My pings seem to average from 75 up to about 150. I'm currently in ecuador, so a long distance between me and the /gs 11 (Atlanta) Server that I typically use. Sometimes I'll walk my character to the black border of nothingness, so yea, connectivity issues.

(Somehow, I missed the interaction Delay setting. Putting it at 150 helps a lot, as now it drops items more often than not, thanks! (I had changed the regular delay but that didn't seem to help.)
User avatar
ryunp
Lava Lord
92 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Ibra1 wrote:Somehow, I missed the interaction Delay setting. Putting it at 150 helps a lot, as now it drops items more often than not, thanks! (I had changed the regular delay but that didn't seem to help.


Glad to hear it's working out. The topmost Delay is for the Clicker functionality, which is not affected by the Interaction Delay setting. I may change the bottom one to Latency Adjustment or something more intuitive in the future.
Edited by ryunp 3 months.
Ibra1
Pit Knight
111 | 1
:salut:
Grasshopper
Pit Knight
114 | -5
This tool was recommended to me a while back for crafting. However I do not think it is right for my use case.

I can see it would be useful if I were making say 500 of something where none of the ingredients were ever re-used.

What I want to do is to roll 2 swords looking for particular modifiers. So it needs to know what is an acceptable roll and stop. I don't see any way to configure it to do that on the screenshots in the OP. Some other posts suggest there may be a way to do it via regex but that's going to take some time to get working.

Also when I downloaded it I was concerned - because of course it is a risk to d/l exe files to a computer from unknown sources. When it said I had to run it as administrator... then I stopped. That is too much. Why does it need administrator privileges?

My opinion is that I would rather see the game adjust crafting times than have to use external tools in this way.