Requires a throwing axe

Discuss Median XL!
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
Hello,

Just started a throw barb, however all my skills are locked stating Requires a throwing Axe.

The main hand item I have equipped is called: Throwing Axe.

What am I doing wrong?
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
Ok the problem was Bear Stance.
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
It's absolutely no wonder why this is one of the least played class. Those skills are terrible.

The delay on overkill makes it pretty annoying experience.
To use rebound you have to turn around, face away from your enemies and throw your weapon at the wall, if there is one.
To make matters worse, it seems rebound only works if you can see the wall, you can throw an axe at a north-facing well in the flayer jungle and it simply won't emit any axes.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Lionstance with overkill is pretty strong. So is stampede for farming
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Barb. Least played class?
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
GsusXL wrote:Barb. Least played class?

Throw Barb according to viewtopic.php?t=22806
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
RandomOnions wrote:Lionstance with overkill is pretty strong. So is stampede for farming

Yes Lion stance seems fantastic, hopefully this'll be quite tanky.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Throwbarb is fine. Sounds like user error if you didn't figure out initially that bear stance actually has a ranged lockout written on the skill. not to be rude.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Throw barb is totally viable for endgame. Just require some understanding of mechanics and a proper itemization. The gameplay is about positioning.... People get used to play barb with the "face roll" play style and to be fair with bear stance its doable at some degree. But with throw you can't rely on bearstance, so you have to move properly to don't get killed instantly... Because of that it wasn't very common in the last season. But that is just my opinion...
Shinobi
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
davidgrenier wrote:It's absolutely no wonder why this is one of the least played class. Those skills are terrible.

Er... what?
Stampede and Overkill are great with Snake or Lion Stance
Rebound needs some knowhow to use properly and some play experience with the skill but is really good.

Barb has some of the best ever passives in the game ever. So don't give up hope, you should be able to clear most of the game including the moderate ubers with just T4 Gear.