Druid summons?

Discuss Median XL!
Atokadlayor
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, so I'm thinking of finally trying this median xl. It looks and sounds amazing...however...everywhere I look shows druids no longer have summons in median. Druids are pretty much the only class I play in d2 and that's because of the animal summo ing fantasy...did they really change the class so much where theirs not a single animal familiar?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Atokadlayor wrote:Hi, so I'm thinking of finally trying this median xl. It looks and sounds amazing...however...everywhere I look shows druids no longer have summons in median. Druids are pretty much the only class I play in d2 and that's because of the animal summo ing fantasy...did they really change the class so much where theirs not a single animal familiar?

There is. They are called Acid Fiends and can be found in the poison skill tree as the level 24 skill.

They might not be animal like, but hey it‘s something.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
And they got buffed :). Not sure how they do in Ubers, though.

But IMHO, only Barbarian and Necro should play pure summonner. All other class can and should play hybrid summon + caster.
KaptinPlanit
Skeleton
2 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tranvanhieu wrote:...only Barbarian and Necro should play pure summonner. All other class can and should play hybrid summon + caster.

You forgot about Pally! Sumodin is strong.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
As summoig Druid you are automatically hybrid (summon+caster) i think ..... i think i will try a summoning druid as next char :)