Question to Developer of this regarding Necro Pets

Discuss Median XL!
johnolesen
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
I have asked severel times, and never got an answer, but when do we get a patch that makes necro pets an option again. And why nerf them to begin with, is this game ment to not be enjoyed at all for pet classes, if someone dosnt like an owerpowered thing, then dont play it if that was the case with necro.

I would rather have some skills that are overpowered than some that dosnt work. This game is made difficult and hard at end game, then why are some skills not viable at end game, thats really odd.

When some builds focus on pets, then the pets should also be able to handle end game since thats the primary damage source, all classes have pets and none of them can stay alive at end game in my experiense, wich make pet specs useless. I want to have a pet build that can handle end game, im tired of playing melee build and want to have a good pet build, that can be played with the gear you are lucky to find

One simple thing is to give pets around 100% all resist to begin with, the rest you have to gear for, and that should be for all pets, the options you have to give pets resist are very low since its the lowest stat on gems and runes. Another solution would be to make those rune and gems equal, so there where 10% resist on those as there is with life and damage. And at hell they should have there base resist cap raised to 80%, All that pet stats you need to get on your gear hurt your character defenses, since the left spots for focus on self defense are very limited when you finally hit you pets stats, So easyer options to get pet stats at cap makes more option the the character aswell.

I have collected a complete necro pet set and 2 nebel rings or what they are called the pet rings. Now I just need a necro to use it....
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
johnolesen wrote:I have asked severel times, and never got an answer, but when do we get a patch that makes necro pets an option again.

This claim is wrong. I already answered that question here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33331&p=269777#p269777

Stay patient. Next patch comes in April. Whether necro summons get a rework or not with the next patch will be revealed when the patchnotes are released.

EDIT: Also, if you look at the patch notes and scroll down to necromancer there's a disclaimer saying:

► Show Spoiler

So you got your answer already.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
But that's not the answer he is looking for, try again.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
CallMeCrazySam wrote:But that's not the answer he is looking for, try again.

Excuse me, what? The answer is there is no official answer. What part of that do you not understand?
johnolesen
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Ty for the answers might have missed the earlyer answer, but I may just w8 and see ill keep farming sets until next patch
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I dont know that necro minions were ever "nerfed" besides removing their magic immunity, which I guess you could qualify as a nerf.

I think every summon in the game uses minion resist the same way. If you have 5 points in the summon tree, they get (someone correct if wrong) 75% natural resist, so in normal, they need 25% from the minion resist stat, 50 in nightmare, and 75 in hell to cap them at 50 max resist. Necro minions are arguably by far the tankiest summons in the . game. The issue doesnt sit with their . life and resist. It's j ust their hit mechanics since every one of them is a melee attack, its hard to mass teleport in melee range of monsters every time for them all to hit consistently.

being addressed in next or future patches though for a big rework, is what has been said many times I think. Just have to wait and see. Overall, its not a useless build though. Saw recently a guy who was killing kabraxis and quov tsin (bosses that heal 7.5% every time they kill something) with a ton of summoners, which was always meme'd impossible.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Making Summon builds viable in end game may break the normal game :) . It's hard to balance for a game like Median, gonna take time.

And summonners just struggle several late Ubers, not all of them like some people say.

Still, I think there should be more ways to power summons (now, only Life, Physical damage, element resist and attack rating is accessible for everyone, while there are so many stats in Median xl)
How about we increase minion's stats per hard point, for each point:
-5% ias
-2% ms
-0.6 yard searching range
-10% defense

Certain minions will have their special stats as well :D
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tranvanhieu wrote:I think there should be more ways to power (necro) summons
yes , we have that , it is called Black mass . you can access it after level 90 as necro (ennead challenge skill) . you can also pick rathma's chosen uberskill for more minion empower . there is also the Burning Veil innate skill to add a shitload of damage to your party + other party buffs / stances available from gear as a necro.

the ways of empowering the summons is not the problem here , it's just about balancing the summons . some are having low hp and die like flees , some have high hp and deal crap damage , one can become a serious problem if he dies (see veil king) . their max numbers is also not well balanced .

the summoner builds (not just the necro) cand do fine in most of the 125 ubers in the state where they are now at this moment (for the rest there are Belladonas) . still , it's normal to see them raped in the 130 ones imo as those are supposed to be the hardest ones , not to be made trivial/roflstomped by an army of summons . that would make summoners overpowered . getting a large army of fat summons out should not be the key to pwn everything .
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
johnolesen wrote:I have asked severel times, and never got an answer, but when do we get a patch that makes necro pets an option again. And why nerf them to begin with, is this game ment to not be enjoyed at all for pet classes, if someone dosnt like an owerpowered thing, then dont play it if that was the case with necro.

I would rather have some skills that are overpowered than some that dosnt work. This game is made difficult and hard at end game, then why are some skills not viable at end game, thats really odd.

When some builds focus on pets, then the pets should also be able to handle end game since thats the primary damage source, all classes have pets and none of them can stay alive at end game in my experiense, wich make pet specs useless. I want to have a pet build that can handle end game, im tired of playing melee build and want to have a good pet build, that can be played with the gear you are lucky to find

One simple thing is to give pets around 100% all resist to begin with, the rest you have to gear for, and that should be for all pets, the options you have to give pets resist are very low since its the lowest stat on gems and runes. Another solution would be to make those rune and gems equal, so there where 10% resist on those as there is with life and damage. And at hell they should have there base resist cap raised to 80%, All that pet stats you need to get on your gear hurt your character defenses, since the left spots for focus on self defense are very limited when you finally hit you pets stats, So easyer options to get pet stats at cap makes more option the the character aswell.

I have collected a complete necro pet set and 2 nebel rings or what they are called the pet rings. Now I just need a necro to use it....

Wait until next patch.

It is being worked on as stated before.

Also Summoner Necro works fine for farming just doesn't work for ubers.