Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Arionic wrote:It's a long shot, but Greendude, the guy that manages the Path of Diablo servers, made a reddit thread where the community re-designed an unique/set and then chose one or two. It would be awesome to let players shine their light on some ideas.

So something along those lines except that the community votes on which on to implement?

I do think the devs occasionally read that thread if something new comes up. Sometimes the ideas are taken (not 1:1 but partly. I once wanted a scepter for hammerzon since the itemization was completely lacking, and a patch or two later they implemented
Dreamswayer
Dreamswayer
War Scepter (4)

One-Hand Damage: (12 - 14) to (19 - 24)
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 64
Item Level: 19
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
15% Attack Speed
Adds (2 to 3)-(4 to 8) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
14% Life stolen per Hit
-(4 to 8)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(31 to 40)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +10%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: (35 - 41) to (50 - 60)
Required Level: 26
Required Dexterity: 98
Item Level: 36
+(1 to 2) to Amazon Skill Levels
25% Attack Speed
Adds (7 to 9)-(13 to 19) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
16% Life stolen per Hit
-(8 to 12)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +25%
Socketed (4)
One-Hand Damage: (62 - 69) to (97 - 110)
Required Level: 44
Required Dexterity: 195
Item Level: 51
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
35% Attack Speed
Adds (14 to 17)-(27 to 33) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
18% Life stolen per Hit
-(12 to 18)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(101 to 120)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +50%
Socketed (5)
One-Hand Damage: (88 - 96) to (131 - 145)
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity: 387
Item Level: 85
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
40% Attack Speed
Adds (18 to 20)-(34 to 40) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
20% Life stolen per Hit
-(18 to 25)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(121 to 140)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +80%
Socketed (6)
. That was before sigma)
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Honestly... I think CLOD sets had the right design. All Median XL sets are level 100 and are somehow supposed to represent "mid-game" itemization. Why not add a few lower level sets (that don't even need to be class specific) and add a few high level sets (level 130-150).

I love the direction SIGMA's itemization has taken and I really hope to see a further expansion of the loot-table.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Arionic wrote:It's a long shot, but Greendude, the guy that manages the Path of Diablo servers, made a reddit thread where the community re-designed an unique/set and then chose one or two. It would be awesome to let players shine their light on some ideas.

Definitely in favor of another community set. One that grants a really cool Oskill that each class could utilize effectively/build around.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
We know Set suck (by the time we find a complete set)
How about Hell Diablo have 20% chance to give a full random set for the playing character, but with only 1 socket each pieces?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
tranvanhieu wrote:We know Set suck (by the time we find a complete set)
How about Hell Diablo have 20% chance to give a full random set for the playing character, but with only 1 socket each pieces?

in ultimative patch griswold in nightmare had a drop super gift box i guess who allowed to get a 1 set piece with 1 socket i dont think they gonna put something like this again
LeonHex
Skeleton
3 | 0
I also upvote for this.
In the vanilla version, I used to farm for the set items but never used them because the buff they provided was really crappy.
I think set items in D3 are over powered a little as almost every build depends on set items.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Primarch wrote:The majority of set items are hugely underwhelming on almost every class. I understand this may have been intentional to ease the transition into mid-game but the fact that these mediocre items still drop in late-game just seems like a wasted portion of the loot table. Its rather sad to simply ignore the vast majority of green drops during lategame.

I motion for the drop rate of set items to be reduced significantly while their stats are increased significantly (disregard Yaerius’ belt god damn) to make them more competitive or, conversely, create a new set of endgame sets that have an extremely low drop rate and a skill modifier like you see on a lot of new Sigma SSUs. “5 piece set bonus: Magic missile has a 20% chance to summon current level fire elemental when enemy is slain.” just as an example.

I’ll never forget that gleeful surprise I’d get whenever I found a set item as a kid. Median XL pretty much annihilated that memory and pissed on the ashes.

I wanna feel my loins stir once again when that beautiful green text graces my computer screen. Plz bb

Fully behind this idea! Have a cookie :mrgreen:
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In LoD are some sets helpfull in early/midgame, here are sets lvl 100 and there are so much other choices much better than sets.

Only a few are worth to use or collect, so 95% are sigs. The droprate is much to high, in SP I got 10-20 pieces every dunc-run. A rework is really needed imho :)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i would not mind for them to be req. level 80 (down from 100) and drop in Nightmare k3kba when you to the ennead challenge, with a high rate , so that you get a chance to equip full set in 2 or 3 full runs . by that time your character is above level 90 anyway from killing the skeletons on the map + it could solve the endless Nihlathak runs for sigs in a faster and more enjoyable way (which usually happens somewhere between 105 and 110 at this moment)

the crafts were screwed in sigma anyway , so this set tweak could do a better transition from TU's to SU's . maby also bring back the double MO to the crafts , so that they won't get outshined by "easier to get" sets .

being easier and faster to get + more MO space could fix many issues regarding them
dikhim
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I think, it would be great to rebalance bonuses for 2/3/4 set pieces. If some set items whould have good stats for 2/3/4 pieces it whould increase the variety of builds. But now you should have complete set or nothing