Discuss Median XL!
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Manu300000 wrote:There is the ssu short spear with 25% trinity beam on attack.
I tested it a bit with superbeast morph. With proper gear and max -enemy res it can be super strong.
And its a eye candy aswell.
Spear has a ~1300 dex requirement.

not sure about using that weapon on a barb with the whirlwind skill, someone said it procs rly fast on attack mods :?:

This might be fun with neph spirit
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you can also put that spear on a act 2 merc for more trinity
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Crash wrote:
Arionic wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Arionic wrote:Whirlwind Pally - massive ww damage but can't hit anything...

Are you using Incarnation for AR?

No, just relying on the stupid amount of dex I have for AR boost. tooltip says I have a 95% chance to hit, but I just think whirlwind sucks since it has a hit limit. Using "area of effect" stuff or lightning/fire damage procs would be best with the massive spell damage boost, but you still have to hit stuff.

area of effect only works for melee swings, it deals a consistent number of damage to the small area based on the hit applied to the target (tldr version). It's not a wdm hit to the area though, so you aren't going to proc more things, just from the main target.

Yeah, I get that you wont proc more or even do a full damage hit to all affected targets. AOE attack works with the maul because you dont hit much of anything in the first place, so the more widespread damage, the better. That maul is meant to trigger fire and lighting procs and has a massivr spell damage boost, so the more procs the better.

Old school whirlwind had a mechnism that let you hit more targets if your weapon was slower, so slow and big weapons worked better. Blizzard changed to to a set number of hit per ww(I think) and even that can be affected by AR.

You really need a way to spread the damage if you arent stacking procs with the maul, which is why warmonger helps so muvh on a barb. Since the mauls pierce isnt working, the builds are already gimped. I easily have -300% enemy light and fire resist due to stats when using whirlwind, but that stats isnt working with the current patch.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
I tested it a bit with superbeast morph. With proper gear and max -enemy res it can be super strong.

not sure about using that weapon on a barb with the whirlwind skill, someone said it procs rly fast on attack mods :?:

Alright, I tested the spears. I tried dual wielding but then realized the windform skill required a sword. The first sword that I tried was Thunder King. Things are going pretty good, but I plan to throw on the SSU Warsword or Saber of the Stormsail. Thunderbird and Triune runewords in sword might work as well. Can't dual wield unless you get a Whirlwind CotW.

Helm: Warmonger/ barb Lightning helm on switch for more of a lightning focus with T-king
Armor: Custom Nats deception/ Nats Legacy/ Hide of the basilisk
Belt: Dementia vs Ghal runeword
Glove: none atm...
Boots: Spirit Walkers
Rings: Bad Mood x2
Ammy: Buried Hawk with Way of the Gryphon
Full charms at level 138

Not many jewels or MO's on items yet. It seems fun though. I'll keep you updated.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Arionic wrote:

Alright, I tested the spears. I tried dual wielding but then realized the windform skill required a sword. The first sword that I tried was Thunder King. Things are going pretty good, but I plan to throw on the SSU Warsword or Saber of the Stormsail. Thunderbird and Triune runewords in sword might work as well. Can't dual wield unless you get a Whirlwind CotW.

Helm: Warmonger/ barb Lightning helm on switch for more of a lightning focus with T-king
Armor: Custom Nats deception/ Nats Legacy/ Hide of the basilisk
Belt: Dementia vs Ghal runeword
Glove: none atm...
Boots: Spirit Walkers
Rings: Bad Mood x2
Ammy: Buried Hawk with Way of the Gryphon
Full charms at level 138

Not many jewels or MO's on items yet. It seems fun though. I'll keep you updated.

So you can use windform when you use the spear on the right hand and a sword on the left one? :mrgreen:
e: Azurewrath on mainhand? :P
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Arionic wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:Just started a bow / xbow assa ..... from 0

Single player right?

yes .... and sometimes in p2 games
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
and atm i try a bowadin
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Manu300000 wrote:So you can use windform when you use the spear on the right hand and a sword on the left one? :mrgreen:
e: Azurewrath on mainhand? :P

Yes. I have an Azurewrath that I can test with, but the problem with azurewrath is the way it works. The "deals no fire/lighting/poison/magic damage" thing actually gives you an aura that lowers your fire/light/poison and magic pierce by 100%.

This would easily negate the pierce from the spear and make the trinity beam hit like a level 1 firebolt.
CaptainInsano
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nobrainnopain wrote:and atm i try a bowadin

Please do. I haven't found a really good Bowazon guide, curious if it is viable.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
CaptainInsano wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:and atm i try a bowadin

Please do. I haven't found a really good Bowazon guide, curious if it is viable.

BowaDIN a paladin with a bow