How to increase survivability?

Discuss Median XL!
Sjonrambo
Destroyer
7 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I have made a lightning zon, lvl 103 and maxed all the defensive passives, am at 80k defense, my resistances all at 78/79, and a 7k life pool.

However, I die very easily in hell, against pretty much anything after act 2.

I never really played much endgame in median, so does anyone have tips on how to improve my survivability from this point on?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Are you playing naked? XD Passives alone (Balance and Asterism with synergy from Thundercrack) shall give you around 100k def on this lvl :\ Life shall be at around 9-10k from paragon and with equips filled with gems. No idea what you doing wrong. Also how about block? There's no problem to get at least 30-40% with weak-mid crafts at this point (Nightmare k3k will give you some starting abandoned shrines).
Sjonrambo
Destroyer
7 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Scalewinged wrote:Are you playing naked? XD Passives alone (Balance and Asterism with synergy from Thundercrack) shall give you around 100k def on this lvl :\ Life shall be at around 9-10k from paragon and with equips filled with gems. No idea what you doing wrong. Also how about block? There's no problem to get at least 30-40% with weak-mid crafts at this point (Nightmare k3k will give you some starting abandoned shrines).

Should I be putting points into strength at all? I've been trying to get to 500+ str to equip better armor. But not sure if I should have put those points in dex instead for more block chance. Dex is at 550, Str at 450.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Get Sacred Ancient armor and Plated belt. Roll them until they have 30-40% enhanced def, then luck recipe them until succeed.
then Make Erawan armor and Truce belt runeword.
kingkoopa300
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Listen i'm having serious trouble with my barb i'm 113 tried different builds at a certain point i think you gotta say you failed start over or try another class. Bring over your knowledge and try to make the best build possible. New season starting soon so i'm gonna try the new necro next season i'm gonna maybe play a different game till then... Meleeing sucks so change to ranged... Necro and assassin next season for sure tho
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Craft some -req% jewels. -10 can show up as a modifyer alone so six socket armor already could have -50 + a rune (for RW). This is about 330 str less for ancient armor. And sacred quitled armor should be equippable with 0 str.

Zero-STR builds are possible at level 120 or higher when you can get crapload of +stats from charms. At the moment you do not have charms so focus on lower str armors. If this is Hammerzon then stay with tier3 deadfall belt, tier 4 requires too much strength to be worth it (and only 2 sox so max -28% from jewels)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tranvanhieu wrote:Get Sacred Ancient armor and Plated belt. Roll them until they have 30-40% enhanced def, then luck recipe them until succeed.
then Make Erawan armor and Truce belt runeword.

no. get a light plate. you need the move speed. ancient armor is too heavy and feels too slow. also no need for vith belt. erawan + tu spangenhelm + tu setzschild is 25% phys resist already. use the belt slot for a more valuable spot. wdm stormzon already gets plenty of defense. vith belt is overkill for what's uesful at that stage.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kingkoopa300 wrote:Meleeing sucks so change to ranged...

Meleeing doesnt suck, you just need knowledge of the game, what to avoid, when to go ham.
kingkoopa300
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
gonna try "The TLDR 2H Barb" by aerial this season maybe it was just iron spiral guess i'll see late game