Discuss Median XL!
Tadace
Sasquatch
63 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ok so the mechanic works as intended, fair enough. But what if it was made that the item used is snapshot. If you die, you can resummon the golem without using a new item and it keeps the previous stats. This way I and others would be more inclined to "invest" into the golem.

The skill tooltip could even show the list of inherited stats. It might get long and a bit unruly, but I don't think people would complain.

I don't know what the code looks like for this skill as it's already a pretty unique mechanic or if this is something that would be easy or feasible to implement.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I can understand the frustration of having it surprise DEAD when it lags behind you a few screens, and if this persists now then imo it should be addressed - other than that IG is and always was a high risk high reward skill. If he dies to normal monster damage thats too bad but shit happens.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
IG is useless bcoz he dies with you, i wont even bother to summon it, anyway i'll die in next 5 min :mrgreen: idea is cool but realization is meh. Especially for users with low inet/machine
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Pain wrote:IG is useless bcoz he dies with you, i wont even bother to summon it, anyway i'll die in next 5 min :mrgreen: idea is cool but realization is meh. Especially for users with low inet/machine

If IG is useless because you die in the next 5 minutes, its clear that its not IG that is useless but the trash player who dies that is useless.
nick1358
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pub wrote:
Pain wrote:IG is useless bcoz he dies with you, i wont even bother to summon it, anyway i'll die in next 5 min :mrgreen: idea is cool but realization is meh. Especially for users with low inet/machine

If IG is useless because you die in the next 5 minutes, its clear that its not IG that is useless but the trash player who dies that is useless.

To be fair, you could die from serverside lag, in which case the item would also be lost.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
nick1358 wrote:
Pub wrote:

To be fair, you could die from serverside lag, in which case the item would also be lost.

And? Everyone has no control of lag, same with your ISP service randomly crashing etc. Hardcore is a more punishing mode but it doesnt stop people who actually know how to play the game from playing it on realm.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
All stats from items are inherit by IG. This however doesn't mean all stats have an effect on him, for example, indestructible or oskills since he won't use them. That said,

Pain wrote:IG is useless bcoz he dies with you

Just because being able to lose expensive SUs due to death or unfortunate disappear bug (which happens on all minions, and from my extensive testing I never lost an IG, however some testers did and it can indeed happen), doesn't mean the summon is useless. I think this is a miscomprehension of the skill. The item you consume doesn't determine the IG power, it ENHANCES it. Most of his strength come from his natural summon power, his HP, regen and proc. Which means the difference between using a random item or a strong SU, isn't nearly as big as you might think.

That said, if you want to effectively use him, there are tons of budget options that actually can make a difference. For example, any naginata will make his regular attack have area of effect, and that's certainly a cost efficient trade. However items like Yaggai would generally be a bad tradeoff due to potential loss, though you can use one anyway for the memes.
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:All stats from items are inherit by IG. This however doesn't mean all stats have an effect on him, for example, indestructible or oskills since he won't use them.

Does he gain benefit from lifesteal/life after kill? That would be helpful for keeping him alive. In my experience so far even with his regen if poison touches him he dies really fast in hell.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well, life after kill is an example of a stat that is pretty worthless for him. Players and monsters have very different scaling, i.e. your char on average will be about 10k health but IG can reach over 500k. That's 33k health regenerated per second from his maxed innate, so any healing will be super minor on him in comparision.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Marco wrote:Just because being able to lose expensive SUs due to death or unfortunate disappear bug (which happens on all minions, and from my extensive testing I never lost an IG, however some testers did and it can indeed happen), doesn't mean the summon is useless.

I have nothing against the bug, the main reason he is bad is wasting on your death as i said. There are a lot of options to die fast in median, especially in hard zones, you can just missclick/got fps drop/lag and die losing golem and item. IMO that's not fair. I tested him a lot this ladder and he never dies even with 1 pt invested so he is pretty ok itself. But char dies a lot when you havent good gear and it's annoing af to recover the golem.