Mouse wheel

Discuss Median XL!
Zeal45
Skeleton
3 | 0
Was the ability to mousescroll through spells removed with new update? Or am I missing an option to turn it on.
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
I can still use my scroll wheel to change skills, maybe you've removed it as a hotkey?
Zeal45
Skeleton
3 | 0
How would I remove it? I downloaded new patch and some reason its not working. Can't assign it either to mouse wheel.
crankzax
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I’ve had this problem since sigma install and I can’t find info anywhere. I heard Someone talking about some registry change that’s needed but I’m still searching.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
crankzax wrote:I’ve had this problem since sigma install and I can’t find info anywhere. I heard Someone talking about some registry change that’s needed but I’m still searching.

I remember that being the case in cLoD, too, before it was patched. After the patch you could avoid that bug by running the game in administrator mode. Can you try running the game.exe that way?
crankzax
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
HechtHeftig wrote:
crankzax wrote:I’ve had this problem since sigma install and I can’t find info anywhere. I heard Someone talking about some registry change that’s needed but I’m still searching.

I remember that being the case in cLoD, too, before it was patched. After the patch you could avoid that bug by running the game in administrator mode. Can you try running the game.exe that way?

Yea I’ve tried it. That does not help :(
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
To add, I haven't been able to bind any mouse button since Sigma was released. Worked fine in previous patches.
Alpha-Omega
Gravedigger
189 | 1
Anyone got a solution yet? Got the same problem since that patch
ELBOWgrease0000
Cultist
23 | 4
I had same prob with day1 Sigma, got it working SoMeWhAt.

Background: Mousewheel worked perfectly in MXL for cycling continuously thru skills, both up/down & center button.
Lost all this v1 Sigma.
It came back one of the early patches after i deleted my .json cfg file (keybindings file) in Sigma dir.
You cant actually assign it to a skill in the in-game keybinding menu, but it DOES seem to associate mausewheel up/down & ctr button with 3 particular hotkey skills.
In other words it doesnt continuously cycle thru every skill, but it DOES let me at least select 1 skill for wheelUp, 1 for WheelDn, & 1 for CntrBtn... which is a godsend and enough to play the game with.
Mine is set for Skill 1 as A, Skill 2 as Z, Skill 3 as Q
Then dont forget to assign those Hotkeys to Skills by hovering over your Right/Left hand action squares.
This setting gets me UP/Down/Ctr, respectively.
Try these specific keybindings though, cuz other key assignments didnt work for me as expected.

Anyway, so thats what i mean by 'somewhat' working.

Thats how it is on my machine, anyway (Win7x64 Pro) w/Logitech USB 2.0 generic mouse driver.

Oh, and importantly--- I have to have game.exe selected in Compatibility Mode for WindowsXP-sp3.
Just tested again, and if I unselect Compat mode, I lose all the mousewheel function
Reselect Compat mode and restart game and mousewheel is back working.

Next time ur in game go into the keybinding menu and scroll ur mousewheel and see if you can hear the clicking sounds when you scroll it, even though you cant assign mousewheel directly. That might help us troubleshoot further if the above doesnt work.

Feel for you guys- i cant imagine playin without mousewheel !

Lemme know if this works....
sumiyaka
Cultist
21 | 3
Solfege wrote:To add, I haven't been able to bind any mouse button since Sigma was released. Worked fine in previous patches.

I've been wondering about this myself.

Man, I'd love to be able to use my fancy gaming mouse buttons for buffs and what nots.