Right way to build Throw Assassin?

Discuss Median XL!
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
aerial it sounds like you're using a barb merc?
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
When transitioning to Dex crafts do we need to spend points in str? I am very low on str. Or is it better to just get some charms with some TU gear until I can equip the abandoned shrine crafts?

What about using sacred honorifics with dex, str, etc and abandoned blessed?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yes, you need str, until you either get lot of charms and trophies or elxis chest with -req jewels, then you can equip it and +250str takes care of strength req.

I prefere crafts over honorifics, you get way more dex from them, you can roll fat +all stats on craft, and then you have it all. They simply offer more overall useful mods than honorifics.

Gear I started with was crafted with 3 shrines, used on leather armors with lowest possbiel str req. In fact boots I use still come from that batch, didn't bother to upgrade them.

Later you should rectaft everything in high armor bases, and then after reaching 4 frames block and 3 frames hit recovery, put TCD mo on your gear, 100k defense should be within reach. Then you become truly insane tank.
youtube.com/ae1337
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Thanks.

On my first few crafts is it best just to try and roll high dex/dex%, MO with dex then FHR?
sumiyaka
Cultist
21 | 3
Ntf1015 wrote:I didn't see if someone posted this or not, but what would be considered a decent setup as far as early game gear and skills go? Thanks in advance!

I made my own start TU set recently and I'm about to beat Hell with just this stuff. ( I have no idea how to hotlink)

Wep - Icebird ( get a sacred knife and go Lo RW when you can)
Gloves - Pollice Verso - Good mana sustain on packs
Belt - Wormtongue - leech etc
Helm - All Seeing Eye - More mana and some damage to main skill.
Chest - Griswolds - Welfare chestpiece with great stats, most of the res etc.
Shield - Black Sheep Totem - best option IMO. Raw damage. I'd accept an argument for the other one that has a ton of reanimates just cause they make life so much easier, but really.... that's what jewelry or junk shrines can do.
Lionpaw Boots - defensive + stats. Zealot's are ok but require a lot more str.

Jewelry - rares. Prefer: Skills, dex, Leech, phys skill damage, Reanimates. Attack speed too I guess.

Mystic Orbs/Gems/ETC -

Armors: ED, TCD, DEX or whatever you want really.

Weapon : ED, Wep DMG, DS(?).... I just threw Rainbow Stones in mine but if I find some Jah I'll do that.

Jewelry: I put max mana regen on mine as soon as I could and run around like crazy on bosses then blow everything on Maelstroms and Broadside when its up. I learned to do this with my Melee sorc cause they have kind of the same issue in the earlier stages where you are waiting for your burst CDs or mana to rebuild until you get sustain. It's not a long term solution but it's far quicker than trying to keep up with mana pots or just portaling back to vendor heal. Your mana will be 100% dandy with just this setup but bosses not so much until you make a Void. It's nice to have regen as a backup if your damage falls behind, because it kinda slips off as you are going through hell if you get unlucky with sacred knife drops and runes.

Gems: You'll be cramming resists all day everyday for a while, but after that, some P-Am for DEX or make some Ber Jewels with % dex.

I tried to keep everything low str. Your defenses won't be amazing at this stage, but you are still tankier than a lot of classes/builds. It's more like playing a top down shooter rather than tanking stuff, but that's my jam. Just get enough STR to wear all this stuff and upgrade each tier as you level with weapon as your first goal to hit T4, which will be pumping DEX followed by STR to boost other pieces. After that go nuts with DEX.

I'm working on getting attack speed up but really for leveling up it doesn't seem nearly as important as some builds while on early progression. You can always rune/jewel/MO for it if you like.

Skills:

This build seems really messy and jank. I've read through this post and took some advice with just 8 points in Maelstrom to save mana. I personally max Broadside because I use it a lot like my melee sorc uses Fuselide and prefer it that way so I value it as a tactic rather than a damage number. I put some more in the blade shield to get some extra knives. More blink. 1 point in Beacon, the most random thing ever ( they really need to make it just drop on your character every time) and then go nuts with Prismatic Cloak once you get it. Way of the Spider/Pheonix as this post said, is give or take. I'm still trying to figure out if Doom actually helps but it's there.

I think the good thing about this build is while the skills don't really mesh together well due to implementation, you can kinda set it up all around preference and probably be alright? Seems that way.

Either way do that and you can make it through Hell.

After that?... I'll have to experiment, but seems there's good advice in here about crafting and Tracker's Set as options.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I am using LO in a sacred flying knife and have 27% ll atm .... but i get nearly no life from it ....
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:I am using LO in a sacred flying knife and have 27% ll atm .... but i get nearly no life from it ....

If you want to gain life from ll you need weapon damage procs. like knife on striking. MK1 converts 80% damage to magical damage so you get like 20% efficiency on life leech with it. You need Procs to leech life for you
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tkorpi wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:I am using LO in a sacred flying knife and have 27% ll atm .... but i get nearly no life from it ....

If you want to gain life from ll you need weapon damage procs. like knife on striking. MK1 converts 80% damage to magical damage so you get like 20% efficiency on life leech with it. You need Procs to leech life for you

i was afraid so :roll:
but where do i get it? LO has the same for mana but life ... hmm ?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you may start with the