Necro Summoner any good for end-game?

Discuss Median XL!
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey all, just noticed the Necro rework was done this update and was wondering if Necro summoner is any good for end-game activities 110+, or is Barb still a better summoner?
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Miothan wrote:Hey all, just noticed the Necro rework was done this update and was wondering if Necro summoner is any good for end-game activities 110+, or is Barb still a better summoner?

Done almost all ubers till 120 from first time with poor gear. In some of them i just entered to test and did it. Have no idea for barbs.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Ok, thanks for that info, i do hope it's good enough to contend with the other classes such as the barb which i played a few weeks ago and did up to 125 content with, was fun and i really loved the d2 necro summoner way back, hoping it's something similar this time around :)
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
New summons, hawks are really funny and tricky.
Tadace
Sasquatch
63 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hawks are supposed to be the boss killer but I'm finding VK and golem doing most of my damage...

Hawks feel clunky as you have to deliberately cast them incredibly slow. It would have been nice if it just didn't spawn more when at limit instead of constantly despawning hawks before they can hit anything.

I'm not sure howi feel about VK. He's a great minion but he pretty much becomes your build and he's just kind of slow.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nah. Hawk for farming and VK for bosses.

The downside of hawk is they have de huge delay after you summon them and they usually get back to you instead of bite the mobs. I only use VK for bosses.
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
What your build Pinball?
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I'm surprised you're using VK since I thought Jinn was designed to be the choice for summoner necro?

I saw a post by Marco saying Abyss+Jinn is 'incredibly strong'.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PlayerOne wrote:I'm surprised you're using VK since I thought Jinn was designed to be the choice for summoner necro?

I saw a post by Marco saying Abyss+Jinn is 'incredibly strong'.

What I said is that the "Extra necromancer minions" stat is incredibly strong on jinn+abyss because of their natural low minion count.

The three necro ultimates after rework are designed to be great for summoner spec, there is no "one best" for the build. There are at least 3 considerably different ways to build summoner. Depending on your gear/level and what you're trying to do, the answer may vary. Generally speaking, jinn+abyss is great for farming or locations where elemental damage is prefered, also shine on certain map layouts since they are ranged, but in exchange, are probably not the best setup for boss killing. VK can do a lot of work under budget but also has endgame viability because of his reanimates (for ex. in fauzt) and slow. RC build focuses on high minion count, and becomes really strong if you pile a lot of +skills (because of his %total damage scaling with soft points too).
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:
The three necro ultimates after rework are designed to be great for summoner spec, there is no "one best" for the build. There are at least 3 considerably different ways to build summoner. Depending on your gear/level and what you're trying to do, the answer may vary. Generally speaking, jinn+abyss is great for farming or locations where elemental damage is prefered, also shine on certain map layouts since they are ranged, but in exchange, are probably not the best setup for boss killing. VK can do a lot of work under budget but also has endgame viability because of his reanimates (for ex. in fauzt) and slow. RC build focuses on high minion count, and becomes really strong if you pile a lot of +skills (because of his %total damage scaling with soft points too).

Can you give some info about melee necro breakpoints since it moves and attacks way way slower than before