Discuss Median XL!
tyleru78d94
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
First off, I'm a bit new...I've been playing for a few weeks and LOVE it.

However, one thing that I'm surprised I don't see talked about much (at least from the little time I've been here) is the stash size. While I'm glad it's significantly increased from vanilla D2, there's so many additional items added in Meridian, I don't believe the stash has been properly scaled to accommodate for the additions.

There's 240 blocks in the stash (16x15)

-There's 16 shrines (2 blocks each)
-12 Gems
-50 base runes
-13 high runes
-Mark of Infusion
-Catalyst of Learning
-Arcane Crystals
-Arcane Shards
-Depleted Riftstone/Charged Riftstones
-Belladonna Extracts

...and so much more. But I believe these are the basics of what most people would try to keep readily available at all times. Assuming you only kept 1 of each (which we know is unrealistic being you have to transmute runes/gems, thus you need 2 of each) that's 113 blocks - almost half of your stash! In addition, many items require multiple gems/runes of the same. Thus, this isn't a realistic rendition of how many runes/gems you'd keep on hand.

More realistically for me, I keep 1-2x of each rune type and transmute my 3rd find, so I can transmute it up, whilst keeping the base. That's virtually 163 blocks in use leaving a measly 77 blocks for storage. That still isn't counting jewels you may save for crafting gear, arcane shards/crystals, and any additional gems. This typically takes up another 15-25 blocks for me. Now I'm down to 50ish blocks for actual gear storage.

Mind you, it's not like I keep everything I find. I'm very particular about keeping my stash organized and cleaned and not hoarding junk. Yet, I find myself only being able to stash away 4-6 pieces of armor/weapons and a few rings/amulets.

I'm sure an argument would be not to store 2x runes of each, but keeping only 1 on hand doesn't make sense to me. Because when you find the 2nd and transmute it up, you lose the lower rune (yes, I know you can transmute down, but what if you need both?). I don't know, maybe I'm asking too much.

To make matters a bit more difficult, the cube for storage is useless in my opinion as crafting in this game is 24/7. You're always crafting something. Thus, it'd be a bit difficult to juggle storage between your cube, stash, and inventory when you want to transmute something.

...and inventory space is also limited considering there's 35+ trinkets for you character from ubers.

All-in-all, I'm hoping someone could shed light on this topic as to what their opinion is and/or if the devs are considering increasing the stash size.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
Or you can just stop picking up junks

Im totally fine with current inventory size
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tyleru78d94 wrote:
However, one thing that I'm surprised I don't see talked about much (at least from the little time I've been here) is the stash size.

There is no reason to talk about, all is fine.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
You dont need to pick and upgrade runes at all, you get plentry of them easily in later game and a lot of people would just give you a rune or gem if you are in early game and need them (except great runes). So that solves your main issue.

Picking and keeping early lvl jewels is not really needed except maybe a couple of indestructible as their ilvl will be low so their craft results will be bad.

Additionally, you can make mule chars and mule accounts to store as much stuff as you want.

And no, you are not the only one who talked about this, you are probably behind a million people in queue of this topic
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
When you're new, you tend to wanna collect everything "just in case." We've all done it. But as you get more experienced, you'll learn what's worth keeping and what's not.

Let's go through your list:
> Shrines = either keep only the Shrine types you need, or collect them all and mule them (don't forget you can make Vessels to store Shrines).
> Gems = easy to find. It's only worth keeping a small supply of res Gems and whatever Gems boost your main attribute (e.g. Topaz for NRG builds, Amethyst for DEX builds, etc). And that's only b/c you're swapping out socket fillers so often during Mid-Game, that it's easier to hold some Gems than farm for a dozen Gems before each Uber.
> Base Runes = so common they're not worth collecting+upgrading unless you're looking to have a specific Rune at a specific time.
> High Runes = less common, but still not worth it. If you're gonna hold them, just hold half a dozen On Runes on a mule.
> Mark of Infusion = super easy to farm. Make a new game in Normal and 1-shot Shenk. Takes 6 seconds. Or spend a few minutes farming and mule them.
> Catalyst of Learning = only occupies 1 square of inventory space.
> Arcane Crystals = make an Arcane Cluster to store Crystals. Hundreds of ACs, only 1 square of inventory space.
> Arcane Shards = can be stacked when you cube Shard piles together. Only occupies 1 square of inventory space.
> Depleted/Charged Riftstones = Hold 1 for the next highest Labyrinth and use the rest when you find them to test your skill. And as of 1.1.3, you can cube 3 of the same tier to create 1 for the next tier.
> Belladonna Extracts = mule them.

This is just how I do things.
tyleru78d94
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Boom! This right here was what I was looking for! Thank you!
Rockanicio
Skeleton
2 | 0
kissofaries wrote:Or you can just stop picking up junks

Im totally fine with current inventory size

Hi,
If I wanted to play by the rules of other players I'd watch a Let's play.
But it would be useful to have a final confirmation that this mod won't have a stash with multiple pages so I can stop checking and updating just in case every week or so.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's planned to have a couple stash pages. The inventory was already almost doubled from mxl17, which is larger than vanilla d2 already I think? How much more do you want? If it gets any bigger, items will have to shrink in size.

Make a mule character for extra space. I don't think their plans included infinite pages, but at least a couple. Haven't heard mention of it in a while.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
i would bevery happy about a (unlimitted) shared stash in the way of plugy for single player mode
Threads
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
offline tools lets you pretend to have a plugy shared stash, but you need to quit out of your game to use it.