Necro Summons Look Gross

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Has anyone played a summoner necromancer in Median and really looked at how unfitting the minions are?

I feel like this has already been brought up, and I'm actually almost positive that it has in the old forum, but seriously, the necromancer's summons just don't look correct. He feels more like a warlock than anything. A necromancer in Diablo 2 lore spends his time meditating in crypts and mausoleums and learns to call back life to the bones of the dead and reanimate corpses through his sheer willpower and mind.
The minions, in such a case, should be more, well...skeletal. I'm not saying we should go back to skeletons and golems, but we SHOULD have more summon skins like the Leoric summon. Also, there are NO minions with long range capabilities- skeletal mages anyone?

I have suggestions, not demands, but if you who works on the mod find them impossible, incorrect, and/or annoying, that's ok. I just need to talk about this because it annoys the shit out of me. :twisted:

So, suggestions:
-Added minion with a ranged attack, damage type does not matter, but cold or physical would be amazing. The model for this minion, if possible, would be fantastic as an oblivion knight from act 4. I know this has been used for Bartuc, which might mean it can't be used (I have no idea), in that case, the one with the sword would be cool, too. Replaces Lamia.
-Change up shadows to a new skeletal minion, same goes for rampagor. They are both blobs, and blobs suck ass. Especially ones that are seafoam green and fucking Barney purple. Please, please change them if you can!
-Replace Jinn with some form of zombie, or maybe some form of ghost, maybe a citizen from one of the acts? A barbarian villager perhaps? (There are probably way better ideas from other games or within d2) And replace aura with one that gives some kind of boost to minions to speed them up, or maybe some damage reduction or something like a weaker thorns. Viability in non summoner-friendly ubers is the key here!
-Void Archon could be given amplify damage or doom chance on hit to replace lamia being removed from the game.

And finally, related to all characters that use summoning: mass summoning would be FANTASTIC. I'm obviously aware that if you could summon all your minions of a type in one click in the wild it would be OP and broken. If there was some way to enable a mass summon in town, you would make a lot of people happy.

That's just about does it for my suggestions, whether you modders get butthurt or not is your call, but I feel like the Summoner Necromancer has gotten the shitty end of the stick in this mod, in the looks department, at least. I would just love to see him and his pets get some new flair to bring the build back to popularity.

If you read all of this and gave it thought at the least, thank you. If not, whatever.

TL;DR GIVE NECRO SUMMONS NEW SKIN
-Median fan that doesn't know shit about coding
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The necromancer lore is different in median, but sure. Summon quicker would be good
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Naabaanit wrote:fucking Barney purple.

Bwahahaha! :mrgreen:

Yep, mass summon would be great.
Ethereal
Acid Prince
48 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Go here: http://d2mods.info/resources/infinitum/ ... ms-ac.html and look for some ideas for replacement models. NPC models are far and few when it comes to great ones.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What about Inertia's new monster animations?
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I actually still haven't seen them. Link?
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Naabaanit wrote:I actually still haven't seen them. Link?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=217&start=10#p5753
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I don't recall if Laz removed them because he used the missile summons for totems and due to game limitations, couldn't add more, or if missile summons had retarded AI that was hardcoded in and couldn't be changed, but I do remember that the only workaround is reanimates to my knowledge. Perhaps Whist can fix whatever the issue was with them in Sigma?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Taem wrote:I don't recall if Laz removed them because he used the missile summons for totems and due to game limitations, couldn't add more, or if missile summons had retarded AI that was hardcoded in and couldn't be changed, but I do remember that the only workaround is reanimates to my knowledge. Perhaps Whist can fix whatever the issue was with them in Sigma?

It's indeed related to game limitations and AI problems. It's always have been hardly possible to do anything really interesting with summons in this game, and to be fair, Laz/Marco did manage to still make something kind of interesting with it's possibilities. Good news is Sigma brings the summons a whole new level. To start off, all the summon base stats along with the handling of mastery stats is hardcoded into the summon's creation process, allowing Marco to apply more stats to the summon (base stats were pretty much taking up all the spots as it is). Marco also now can set how many monsters are summoned by casts. Marco can now also easily create summons that will use skills and still follow you, thing that wasn't really possible previously (hence dem lolsummons that use skills but stand still until enemies are in-range). There's also all kind of little nice options that Marco will be able to apply to summons, such as summons that die after a set time for example (kinda like dopplezon). And finally, I'm also working on the possibility of summons, that can summon minions by themselves. All of this handled into one new custom skill function.

As for the look, I do hope they get changed because they are indeed all ugly.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge