Discuss Median XL!
Worldless
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey, just looking for some opinions on builds that can do the majority of end game content without respecing to different builds to do specific tasks, I kinda of hated changing to psionic storm sin just to kill astrogah and xavax etc. I'll find out soon how my unholy melee goes since this is my first on it since median 2008.
I also wouldn't mind trying something new that can stay the same spec for everything.
Best guesses at the moment are summon nec, most barb builds and blood zon

Thanks for any advice
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Most builds can do most things if you are patient enough with it. The whole point of respeccing is being able to do it more easily. I'm not sure what you couldn't do Astro/Xazax with on ssin, but it's possible as melee and as throw, you just have to make it work.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Be creative. I have done all charms except void, laz , zorun with maelstrom assassin. Now working on laz and it is also doable.
phantomyyz
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have done nearly every boss as Holy Melee without respeccing. I only have 3 or 4 left. Bojac has a great guide from last season, most of it is still relevant. The only pain in the ass zones are Teganze and the new rifts but they're doable without respeccing if you stack some ++max res

Things with 1 shot mechanics like the witch require a set of vitality gear but i'm pretty sure anyone except maybe a fortress barb will have to get that

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27315
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Doesn't it seem that there should be at least a small subset of builds (for each class) that should be able to accomplish this? Imo requiring respecs to complete all is bad design
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Yeah, I don't have experience with a ton of builds, but I was able to do almost all ubers with my mana sorc, without any respecs. The only ones I didn't do were the last ~3-4 (Laz, Samael, etc). I can't imagine most builds would struggle without respecs (though of course it might be easier with one).
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
brassmuffler wrote:Doesn't it seem that there should be at least a small subset of builds (for each class) that should be able to accomplish this? Imo requiring respecs to complete all is bad design

I dont think you can balance a whole game like that.
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Clearly it'd be hard, but it would be a worthy goal.
sidorasek
Prowler
15 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Holy Paladin, Maelstrom Assassin, Treewarden Druid, All Barbarian Builds, Neutraldin, Melee Sorc, Mana Sorc, Hammerzon, Bloodzon, Melee Necro, Summoner Necro (? Not sure about this one on Uldyssian) should all be able to do all content without respecs.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
:coolstorybob: