Fun character for starting?

Discuss Median XL!
nstoi4ev
Imp
5 | 0
I would recommend you Mana Sorceress. She has good aoe and single target dps skills. A lot of skill switching, which i like a lot. You always have to be on a lookout, because you are squishy but she is so satisfying to play with. Last ladder i played Hammerzon and Neutraldin but for me Mana Sorseress was the best experience I've ever had. I did all ubers and dungeons up to lvl 130 with only runewords and shrine crafts. It's a constant fight to position yourself right, dodge some projectiles, stay away from mele and at the same time melt the screen in a second.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I had also fun with a neutral summoning Ama ... i brought her to lvl 116 with TU4 and honorifics, but then i got more and more often problems with game crashes / stopps etc. when i casted all summons (especially the sinners) and had fights with casting mobs .... i dont know whether its a problem of my old notebook or median xl
Norolia42
Prowler
16 | 2
Another fun thing I have done before when trying to decide what char/build to play, just take a look at the uniques page and see how some of them might work together. At the very least it can give you some ideas. I've had a lot of fun with some rather off the wall builds doing that.
sumiyaka
Cultist
21 | 3
Norolia42 wrote:Another fun thing I have done before when trying to decide what char/build to play, just take a look at the uniques page and see how some of them might work together. At the very least it can give you some ideas. I've had a lot of fun with some rather off the wall builds doing that.

Game is def fun to play like this. I've done a bit of both. For my first "real" char I chose to follow the big Melee sorc guide because it was written as a tutorial for the game, not just an info dump and a gear list for mashing that good button that does the good stuff. Now I just level something while putting points in what I like and see what gear is out there for it.
Pandatone
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nstoi4ev wrote:I would recommend you Mana Sorceress. She has good aoe and single target dps skills. A lot of skill switching, which i like a lot. You always have to be on a lookout, because you are squishy but she is so satisfying to play with. Last ladder i played Hammerzon and Neutraldin but for me Mana Sorseress was the best experience I've ever had. I did all ubers and dungeons up to lvl 130 with only runewords and shrine crafts. It's a constant fight to position yourself right, dodge some projectiles, stay away from mele and at the same time melt the screen in a second.

That does sound like a lot of fun. I might just have to give it a try, thanks a lot!
Pandatone
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
matdoo wrote:Try Throw zon with
Heartseeker
+
Danmaku
Danmaku
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2657 - 3003) to (2861 - 3234)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 15 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 5 Javelin on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 45 Fire Bolt Nova on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Attack Speed
25% Block Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
. I really liked it.
Now I'm playing Neutral din with
Oris' Herald

Oris' Herald
Scepters

'ArcIgnVenFulGlaGul'
Runeword Level: 100
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+5% Bonus to Spell Focus
15% Attack Speed
35% Cast Speed
+(15 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(30 to 35) to Magic Missiles
+1000 Defense
25% to Energy
Physical Resist 10%
and it's really nice too xD

I had wanted to try the neutral last season, but i cant dedicate time to get tg or skilled enough to farm for oris'. Dont really want to donate a lot of my money either. Between school and work, I'd rather not waste money on a game