Cog
207 | 115
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
This update was pretty big internally. The default notifier rules might be missing some of the old notifications; shout at me if you find one.

-Customisable notifier
-Refactoring
janitor
Invader
9 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Solfege wrote:Now if only someone could figure out how to get the drop filter to work on Linux. If only...

Hey pal, I'm pretty sure I could get this work -- do you know if there's a larger audience than just you? If I go about rehashing the drop filter as well it may just be best to make another standalone program for notifications and filters.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
janitor wrote:
Solfege wrote:Now if only someone could figure out how to get the drop filter to work on Linux. If only...

Hey pal, I'm pretty sure I could get this work -- do you know if there's a larger audience than just you? If I go about rehashing the drop filter as well it may just be best to make another standalone program for notifications and filters.

Not sure. I can only think of maybe 5 other Linux users off the top of my head (and I know 1 of them isn't around anymore).

Besides, I'm not even sure there's anything that needs to be changed with D2Stats, per se. The program itself and the drop notifier work fine. But the drop filter fails to inject and all drops come up as "Ith," like what happens if you don't have vc_redist.x86 installed. It's more likely I'm just missing a software package in my WINE directory, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

Edit:
Actually, it's probably a problem with WINE specifically. Like that old map reveal program that used to be in the Tools section. It never worked with WINE either.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Kyromyr wrote:This update was pretty big internally. The default notifier rules might be missing some of the old notifications; shout at me if you find one.

-Customisable notifier
-Refactoring

Holy crap dude! Just tried it out and it's awesome!!! Thank you so much :D
ticktick
Sasquatch
64 | 9
Since mods don't seem to care about sharing customizable drop filters anymore, i'm sharing this thing i made a few months ago. https://github.com/ticktickMOF/D2ItemFilter/releases

I haven't worked on it in a while. I think the only requirement is the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145) and .net framework v4.5.1 or newer but if you have issues try installing .net framework v4.6.1 or newer.

Put the xml, dll, and exe in the same folder as d2stats, replacing dropfilter.dll. I suggest disabling the drop notifier in d2stats. Run the exe to use the GUI. The in-game filter & notification list will update whenever you save any changes in the UI & you should see a message in-game. You can change what tab an item is located in by changing the Group it is in in ItemDictionary.xml. The QualityFilterable attribute on Group determines whether that tab has 1 column or seperate columns by item quality (normal, superior, magic, rare, etc.). If an item is not present in the dictionary it will not be filtered out and not cause notifications. I think ItemDictionary.xml already contains most or all the relevant game items.
janitor
Invader
9 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great work ticktick and Kyromyr! You guys rock.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ticktick wrote:Since mods don't seem to care about sharing customizable drop filters anymore, i'm sharing this thing i made a few months ago. https://github.com/ticktickMOF/D2ItemFilter/releases

I haven't worked on it in a while. I think the only requirement is the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145) and .net framework v4.5.1 or newer but if you have issues try installing .net framework v4.6.1 or newer.

Put the xml, dll, and exe in the same folder as d2stats, replacing dropfilter.dll. I suggest disabling the drop notifier in d2stats. Run the exe to use the GUI. The in-game filter & notification list will update whenever you save any changes in the UI & you should see a message in-game. You can change what tab an item is located in by changing the Group it is in in ItemDictionary.xml. The QualityFilterable attribute on Group determines whether that tab has 1 column or seperate columns by item quality (normal, superior, magic, rare, etc.). If an item is not present in the dictionary it will not be filtered out and not cause notifications. I think ItemDictionary.xml already contains most or all the relevant game items.

This is really nice, perhaps you should create your own thread for it, might make it easier to find for other people.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is that one from ticktick allowable though? I'm wondering just cause Kyromyr was given permission to add a customizable notifier if all of a sudden anyone's own notifier can be allowable.

Edit: I only ask because Kyromyr's program is actually a recognized program by the mods and forum in the Tools page.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well, algorithm-wise they are pretty much the same: dropfilter.dll is heavily based on a Whist's item filter project and both D2StatsReader & D2ItemFilter are using the same routine to detect (and notify) for dropped items.
janitor
Invader
9 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
L H wrote:Is that one from ticktick allowable though? I'm wondering just cause Kyromyr was given permission to add a customizable notifier if all of a sudden anyone's own notifier can be allowable.

Edit: I only ask because Kyromyr's program is actually a recognized program by the mods and forum in the Tools page.

Tick's is just a dropfilter builder FOR D2stats.