Rare Rings and Ammys. Can they be crafted?

Discuss Median XL!
morgrym666
Skeleton
2 | 0
Coming back to play sigma and I have to say GREAT JOB! I see a lot of player requested improvements and the end game stuff is nice.

I see quite a few of the gimmicks to respawn rare rings and ammys are gone, as well as cube recipes to create rare items or am i missing something? This is really painful and removes a nice way to try and improve gear early on (like rare bolts, arrows and jewels) that very rarely drop.
and even make better gear for end play. I understand it can be abused but its a lot of work to do so and no worse than crafting high end gear i imagine.
Just a suggestion to enable some recipe to upgrade to a rare or reroll rares, like a rune and a potion.

Also IMHO a few sets could be revamped to be desirable end game gear, with the full set bonus buffed so partial sets aren't abused. Especially for lost and forgotten classes that every one loves but aren't very endgame viable.
Lets be honest a normal person putting in a hour or so after work 3 days a week will never build a SSU toon. I have been in Hell mode endgame dungeons for a month and never seen a single SSU and only about 10 SUs that were the junk ones that always drop so completing a set is a major accomplishment for normal players.

Anyhow I really like that the game has been simplified, the complex content had gotten way out of control and was a huge deterrent to normal nostalgic D2 players trying to pick it up and just play.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
- regarding rare reroll recipe: rare rings certainly have their spot in endgame equipment, which means, they shouldn't be obtainable by spending 3 hours using oils. Because that's not fun and trivializes obtaining them from drops, as rerolling becomes the defacto way to get these items.

- regarding upgrade to rare: similar, we want there to be a value to "finding a rare ancient armor", feels much better to make a craft out of something you had to find and not something you just rerolled and is very easy to obtain. This gives rare drops a place in the game.

- you can use honorifics to fill these gaps, they are quite strong now that crafts don't spawn with double-MO anymore.

- you dont need rare jewels as you can craft magic ones for a cheap price.

- changes to sets can be expected in 1.2 ann
morgrym666
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thanks for the quick reply Marco, you make good points, about jewel crafting, and honorific items.
I understand the rare reroll restrictions because of abuse, maybe charsi could imbue ammo? :)
Great news about the sets. I really like the necro xbow set, it seems to be well thought out just not quite endgame quality.