Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Working on one atm.

Fire/Cold seems to be a really good combo b/c wall of summons to soak damage. Here's the skillplan I've been playing around with up to this point (may change Uber Skill from Chronofield to Witch Blood b/c I hardly ever use Chronofield).

Attributes:
Enough STR/DEX to wear gear. All remaining points to NRG.

Skills:
Max - Living Flame, Pyroblast
25 Points - Snow Queen
20 Points - Frigid Sphere
15 Points - Blade Spirits
1 Point - Familiar, Mana Sweep, Ice Elementals, Firedance, Chronofield, Symbol of Esu, Force Blast, and all prerequisites.

It's been a really safe build so far, and Pyroblast has been a great boss-killer. But farming/XP grinding has been slow.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Putting points in blade spirits is useless, ice elementals can tank everything. Put some of those points in ice elementals (they receive resistances from hard points, up to like lvl10, dont remember exactly), and firedance.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It's not about tanking. You have a Barb merc for that. It's about having more targets to distract enemies.

And the res bonus comes from Skill Points, not Base Points. +15% res per Skill Point, up to 75%.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Well, the ice elementals were perfectly enough to distract enemies. I had bad gear, but i barely had to resummon them, and enemies barely got past them.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:Well, the ice elementals were perfectly enough to distract enemies. I had bad gear, but i barely had to resummon them, and enemies barely got past them.

maby the elementals were enough on normal and nightmare , but in many ubers they die like flees even with minion dedicated gear and maxed resistances. the blade spirits on the other hand gain more hp and more damage than the elementals and are tanking better . twice as many tanks is more than welcomed since the build is not tanky by itself (acid fiends oskill is also something to take into consideration )

this isn't some kind of new setup . it's more or less the same fire-cold build that went fine for many years , regardless what fire spell you use as main attack , be it pyroblast , flamestrike , flamefront , brimstone or others . you max some passives , get minions to tank , spam a spell as main attack from behind the meatshield . no rocket science
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm currently playing a fire caster + Ice Elemental sorc, but I have no points in the fire tree.
I prefer Warp Armor(max)/Nova charge(1 point) and just use fire Oskills (cataclysm from Bartuc's Curse) etc. Warp Armour combined with Snow Queen makes for tanky AF Ice Elementals.
I respec'd from full summoner (with blades as well), which just trivialised all early game content (without minion gear).
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Necroing this thread b/c I don't wanna make a new one.

Update on Fire Sorc progress, for anyone interested:

Finally got it to 125. Had to respec into Melee for the 120-125 grind b/c grinding w/Fire spells was gonna take 6-8 hours per clvl. Kinda stuck now on the 125 Ubers and not sure how to proceed. Here's what I'm using:

Skills:
Max = Living Flame, Witchblood
25 Points = Snow Queen
20 Points = Frigid Sphere, Pyroblast
15 Points = Blade Spirits
1 Point = Familiar, Mana Sweep, Ice Elementals, Firedance, Force Blast, Symbol of Esu

Gear:
Main Gear = Fascinating-craft Staff+Circlet+Body Armor, Magical-craft Boots,
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
Retribution

Alt Gear (used this for Ureh) = Fascinating-craft Staff+Circlet, Magical-bless Sacred Honorific Gloves+Boots (TCD, Minion boosts),
Curandera

Curandera
Sorceress Body Armors

'ZurUmTaha'
Runeword Level: 115
+4 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Cast Speed
-10% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1 Life Regenerated per Second (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana +7%
Elemental Resists +(45 to 65)%
Physical Resist 30%
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%

Summons have little trouble surviving, and boss-killing up to this point hasn't really been an issue as long as Pyroblast can be used (unfortunately, many Uber bosses have mechanics that make Pyroblast impractical or outright useless). The problem with 125 Ubers is actually surviving Uberlevels long enough to get to the bosses. It seems like I'm stuck between choosing moderate personal defense+low damage or moderate damage+low personal defense.

Of the 125 Ubers, Toraja is the only one I've been able to do so far (though I'm 95% sure I can do Belial and Yshari with this build). Surviving Astro+Xazax is ez, but they take so little damage that I got bored and moved on--same with D-Baal (Pyroblast is useless against Xazax and Astro, and both Pyroblast and Flamestrike are useless against D-Baal). Vizjun+Fauzt are impossible atm b/c I get gibbed almost immediately after entering the levels. Enemies simply hit too hard (even when debuffed with Force Blast) and the insane volume of missiles and target-piercing attacks make your primary defense (wall of summons) practically meaningless. Plus, Harpydisks in Fauzt...

As I said, I'm not sure where to take the build from here, or if it's even a worthwhile build at this point (fwiw, I have tried a Flamefront build and a Flamestrike build, as well as every Fire oskill I could find). I know I could spec into a tankier build (e.g. Lightning/Cold) and go with oskills, but it seems kinda silly to have a dedicated Fire tree if it's only purpose is as a support tree for other builds (e.g. Cold Sorc, Poison Sorc).

tl;dr
> Fire Sorc is really good up to clvl 105, at which point, you really start to notice how terrible a farmer it's going to be.
> 105+110 Ubers are easy.
> 115 Ubers are still fairly easy, the exceptions being BPR and TA.
> 120 Ubers = substantial difficulty spike, but they're doable.
> 120-125 grind is insanely slow and a respec is needed unless you have 30-40 hours to sink into grinding xp in Teganze (the only "reliable" grinding spot for this build).
> 125 Ubers aren't doable w/o constantly dying and/or spending hours slowly whittling away boss Life--the exceptions being Toraja, Belial, and Yshari.

Unless anyone has any suggestions (my DMs are open, Suchbalance), I'm gonna shelve this build--which is a shame b/c I have a guide fully written, except for the 125+ Ubers.