question on barbs and poison

Discuss Median XL!
Judarian
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
so i thought about trying a fort barb with snake stance i like the fact i can build it into a slow to stop monsters from charging all the time. and i think i could get the damage up. but what im worried about is how does poison proc in this game. if an arrow hits and another hits really quickly after does it just reset the proc or does it add to a total damage. right now im building wolf stance. its destroying things pretty well. i love the massive flow of arrows out of my towers. and i got a sword that gives +5 to the stance. so im doing more than usual right now. would crushing blow with light damage be better than poison?
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Snake stance is passive poison damage and if you inflict twice before the DOT expires it doesn't stack.

You can get more info on that from here https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison

But a good example from that page is this:

Your snake stance does 100 poison damage per second over 5 seconds.
You have a pair of gloves that do 10 poison damage per second over 9 seconds. First you add the damage per second=100+10=110. Then you add and average the duration = (5+9):2 = 7. Now in order to calculate the total damage, all you need to do is 7*110=770. As you can see, the not so impressive gloves, increased our total poison damage by 54%.
Judarian
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
so i did a little testing and fort barb with snake stance. i believe is not really doable. each arrow starts a new proc on the tick. i was also hoping that the slow percentage from snake stance worked too but it doesnt work in melee or with forts. must be a bug