Dual Wield mechanic

Discuss Median XL!
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Hello! I havent seen anything about dual wielding mechanis in documentation, therefore I want to ask some experience players, how does it work exactly?

1. How is the damage calculated?
2. How is the attack speed calculated?
3. What about procs?
4. What about other modifiers on weapon like -% enemy res, +% all stats etc.?

Thanks for help guys.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
All skills except normal attack and cautious strike oskill (barb helm rw), don't use double swing mechanic (1 press of attack, your char hits with both weapons).
Pretty much all skills in the game use main hand for hits, and only damage from that weapon counts, only procs from that weapon counts.
Speed breakpoints are different than if you used shield, and you can find it in speedcalc under dual wield. But 2nd weapon works same as shield in that case, you get different set of breakpoints, but you always hit with that main hand.

As for mods what counts from offhand look up clod wiki pages, thers list of those mods.
youtube.com/ae1337
Giu
Core Lord
390 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
revolut1oN wrote:Hello! I havent seen anything about dual wielding mechanis in documentation, therefore I want to ask some experience players, how does it work exactly?

1. How is the damage calculated?
2. How is the attack speed calculated?
3. What about procs?
4. What about other modifiers on weapon like -% enemy res, +% all stats etc.?

Thanks for help guys.

There's an option in Speedcalc, also from discord:

The only things that work from the off-hand weapon are:
* Skill bonuses
* Attribute bonuses
* + to Life/Mana/Maximum Stamina
* Maximum Life/Mana %
* Replenish Life
* Regenerate Mana %
* + to Life/Mana After Each (Demon) Kill
* % Damage Taken Goes to Mana
* Attacker Takes (Lightning) Damage
* % Extra Gold From Monsters
* % Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
* +% to Experience Gained
* Reduce All Vendor Prices %
* + to Light Radius
* % Increased Chance of Blocking
* % Faster Run/Walk /Hit Recovery/Block/Cast Rate
* + Defence (vs Melee/Missile)
* +% Enhanced Defence
* (Magic) Damage Reduced (by %)
* Resist +%
* +% to Maximum Resist
* + Absorb (%)
* Poison Length Reduced by %
* Half Freeze Duration
* Cannot be Frozen
* +% to Skill Damage
* -% to Enemy Resistance
So, pretty much nothing that has to do with applying damage works, except for elemental skill damage and -res
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Thanks for help guys! Really appreciate that.

aerial wrote:only procs from that weapon counts.

Are you sure that no proc from offhand work? I"m now level 40 and I"m using Koth's Lesson mace and bloodlust from "on kill" proc seems to work.

Edit: hmm, it seems bugged; as soon as I uptiered the mace it stopped working. Any idea?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Could have something to do with you switching the weapons, there are some bugs related to it I think. In general it should't work.
youtube.com/ae1337
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Well here I got similar problem.
All the info tells me I'm not supposed to get on-kill procs with my offhand, yet I somehow do. I tested the very same weapon a few weeks ago and it didn't proc anything. Guess it is bugged.
Made all the more stupid by fact that the weapon is nothing else than
Dawn (Xis)
, with Celerity proc I don't even need. Having your run/walk speed fluctuate is annoying, and I'm afraid that at highest speeds character with Celerity will be hard to control.
leexun
Stone Warrior
30 | 11
offhand:
except
- Ethereal, add x-y damage, Enhanced Damage. cos it added these bonuses into that weapon
- all proc? (not checked Ass claw dual wielding)
- some SSU options, like: "+1 projectile to storm blast" of Thunder king of Secheron.
the rest options will be yours
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seikun wrote:Well here I got similar problem.
All the info tells me I'm not supposed to get on-kill procs with my offhand, yet I somehow do. I tested the very same weapon a few weeks ago and it didn't proc anything. Guess it is bugged.
Dawn (Xis)
, with Celerity proc I don't even need. Having your run/walk speed fluctuate is annoying, and I'm afraid that at highest speeds character with Celerity will be hard to control.

Are u playing clawsin by any chance? If so, it’s possible that the first default attack of batstrike fails to hit and doesn’t release the stacks but the second one does. When that happens damage and proccs get calculated off your offhand weapon
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Syphery wrote:Are u playing clawsin by any chance? If so, it’s possible that the first default attack of batstrike fails to hit and doesn’t release the stacks but the second one does. When that happens damage and proccs get calculated off your offhand weapon

Melee barb.
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Syphery wrote:
Seikun wrote:Well here I got similar problem.
Dawn (Xis)

Are u playing clawsin by any chance? If so, it’s possible that the first default attack of batstrike fails to hit and doesn’t release the stacks but the second one does. When that happens damage and proccs get calculated off your offhand weapon

I have the same feeling about batstrike.