ISO Advice on my throw sin

Discuss Median XL!
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Istaryu wrote:I dont know what you are doing wrong.

Maybe just playing online. If it is supposed to be working, then maybe all I have to do is to farm xis asap. How much poisonless charsheet damage does one need to kill magic absorbs in teganze?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bljadzon wrote:
Istaryu wrote:I dont know what you are doing wrong.

Maybe just playing online. If it is supposed to be working, then maybe all I have to do is to farm xis asap. How much poisonless charsheet damage does one need to kill magic absorbs in teganze?

As i said, im using regulaw lo rw, not lo xis. And im having no problem with killing magic absorb mobs in teganze, they just take a little bit longer. Use doom on them if necessary.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Istaryu wrote:As i said, im using regulaw lo rw, not lo xis. And im having no problem with killing magic absorb mobs in teganze, they just take a little bit longer. Use doom on them if necessary.

Doom is a bit problematic for me to use, since the only +4 skill ammy that dropped for me so far had a Banish on striking proc, so doom gets overridden pretty much instantly. I will try though once I hit Teganze.
https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Duperoni char link for no reason. Don't bash too much, I am maybe 10-15 hours into the season with a single char. Charsheet damage is about 6-7 thousand (with 0 poison sources besides 1point wots) which feels OK.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bljadzon wrote:
Istaryu wrote:As i said, im using regulaw lo rw, not lo xis. And im having no problem with killing magic absorb mobs in teganze, they just take a little bit longer. Use doom on them if necessary.

Doom is a bit problematic for me to use, since the only +4 skill ammy that dropped for me so far had a Banish on striking proc, so doom gets overridden pretty much instantly. I will try though once I hit Teganze.
https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Duperoni char link for no reason. Don't bash too much, I am maybe 10-15 hours into the season with a single char. Charsheet damage is about 6-7 thousand (with 0 poison sources besides 1point wots) which feels OK.

Then dont use that amulet, all skills is not important for sin. And why are you talking about poison so much? Farm k3k until 120, and use abandoned shrines to craft the lowest base items for dex. Just throw an abandoned on them, and bless them. That will give you lots of dex/dmg to start with. Later you can upgrade your crafts/items.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Havent realy the time to read the whole thread, but try to not use tiefling form for now. Get some defense (40 k) and get dex crafts. Socket perf amn. to get more block and you can faceroll duncraig (your place to be)

e: first of all craft a shield with more chance to block.This will improve your survivability by alot. I would recommend you truce belt rw to get some %dr - if you dont use shadow refuge (you should)
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I feel like one point that has been missed in this conversation is that most of your survivability comes by you keeping yourself out of danger. If you do not put yourself in a position to get hit, you won't get hit. It's as simple as that. Your gear isn't going to be a good source of survivability, crafts aren't going to give you a large life pool or large amounts of DR. You are a ranged character with minimal health and you need to use that to your advantage. You do naturally get max block with this build as you attempt to amass dexterity and that provides extra survivability and you have the option of using Shadow Refuge, but you don't need to put yourself in a position for a block check or a DR check if you don't get hit in the first place.

Some people complain about a lack of damage during bosses and that they are unable to kill boss X or boss Y. What people seem to miss is that just because it is going to take longer to kill a boss, doesn't mean that you can't kill it. If it takes you twenty minutes to kill Quov Tsin, so be it. Finish the fight and if you are unhappy with the charm, revisit it at a later date. Most charms roll well enough that getting it is a huge improvement over not having one.

Your main goal should be to push your survivability by taking a look at how you are positioning yourself, getting as much dexterity to get max block, and by getting as much dexterity as possible you are giving yourself more damage. No need for a survivability check if everything on your screen is dead.

As far as your gear, I'm not sure if NotArmory is entirely accurate, but it looks as if you aren't using many mystic orbs. Drop those in your gear, prioritizing dexterity and breakpoints.

Your lack of damage is coming from lack of dexterity. Sure, you have some decent crafts, but there are so much free stats you can just reach out and grab. You are sitting at 74 signets, pump those numbers up. Percent bonuses to stats aren't great if you don't have a lot of base stats to work with. You are also dropping over 200 flat points into strength to be able to use your gear. Swap those crafts out for Quilted Armor/Sash, etc., to put the extra points into dexterity. After that, I'd look at rolling an Umbaru Treasure. It's going to average out to +25 all stats and could roll much more if you are lucky. That right there is +25 to dexterity and +25 to strength, and that +25 to strength means you can drop another 25 base points into dexterity, so you may as well read +25 to all attributes as +50 to dexterity, which is then effected by your percentage bonus.

Some others are saying not to use tiefling form, IMO that is bad advice. You should 100% be using maxed tiefling form.

Edit: I haven't ran through the game as Maelstrom, but I have ran through it as Scorpion Blade which is arguably a very similar playstyle but my build lacks block. With just positioning/damage/sustain, I can run Dunc/Teganze/Fautz/Vizj deathless. If you want to see that in action, feel free to check out videos on my guide for Scorpion Blade here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28881
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I gotta say that putting more than 21 points is not really worth it, because you get 4 allskills at that point, and you need the skill points to max other stuff, like prismatic cloak, doom, perfect being, and possibly maelstrom.
Hokoru
Bone Archer
73 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
BearableBear wrote:
Hokoru wrote:
BearableBear wrote:imho use dawnxis only if minmaxing to the extreme. Maelstrom is extremely mana hungry especially when maxed. Voidxis is enough dps with sustain to use even a maxed maelstrom. Dawnxis imo is not worth it if you end up extremely starved for mana and have to resort to chugging pots.

I thought the extra bonus to dex woud be useful since im barely hitting 10k atm. And Im using void atm. It helps with mobs but on boss fights I still run oom and resort to pots. It sucks to suck lmao

reroll your generic void rw to get better mana on striking roll. with void you should hardly go oom if you get a good mana on striking roll , its even enough to sustain a maxed maelstrom. Also use QoB to supplement your mana on striking. If you go oom now then even more so with dawnxis , you're better off using the next xis rune you get to make a rebelxis. When it comes to voidxis just pray that you dont get a low mana on striking roll but even then it should be sustainable since you wont be throwing maelstrom while standing when it comes to boss fights , the breaks between your mael throws the QoB projectiles should be aable to get some mana back for you. Also if you need dmg get more dex 1st before even trying dawnxis , 100% increase to dex is useless if your dex is low to begin with. Get a hexward , craft better dex gear , rebelxis , socket with p amethysts , cap out your sigs. Those things combined with charms can get you high enough dex. Im not even using rebelxis and dawn and still my maelstrom dmg sits at 29-30k , even without my dex ouroboros i still get high enough dmg.

Well my generic void already has 24 out of 25 mana on striking lol. I mean I can reroll it for max mana on striking but is that one mana gonna really get me by in a boss fight? I guess you didn't view the notarmory? I do have a hexward. I just crafted leather gloves with abandoned and blessed it since I liked the roll. Im assuming ouroboros is a dex % ring? Im guessing that is what I should be striving for on my sin. I noticed that all skills don't mean shit to me really. It doesn't do a damn thing for damage lmao.
Bljadzon wrote:By the way, using the normal Lo rw and on bosses / single targets I often go oom. That lead me to believe that flechettes to not carry weapon damage, and do magic only, while all the good wdm stuff only happens on the main projectile. Is that correct? Because I did not expect that at the slightest. If not, is there a reason I don't get mana back? Maelstrom costs me about 200 mana, and I leech 20 something on striking with the rw itself. I know that I have to hit with 10 flechettes to break even, but 1. Flechette pattern allows that easily 2. I feel I am not even getting 60-100 mana back, I feel I am getting either 20 or nothing at all. AR is not a problem, as I have 3k dex and some small bonuses from superior knife.

I actually have this same problem. My 24 mana on striking doesn't really mean shit for bosses. At least for me. I'm always having to prep ( Buying two stacks on mana pots) just to make sure I'm not having to back constantly lmao. I mean Istaryu can do it. Maybe Im just trash xD

Manu300000 wrote:Havent realy the time to read the whole thread, but try to not use tiefling form for now. Get some defense (40 k) and get dex crafts. Socket perf amn. to get more block and you can faceroll duncraig (your place to be)

e: first of all craft a shield with more chance to block.This will improve your survivability by alot. I would recommend you truce belt rw to get some %dr - if you dont use shadow refuge (you should)

You probably should at least go back to the first page. I already explained why I use tiefling form :b And 40k def doesn't seem to matter anyway when I was using the ways. Even like 80kish didn't matter. Shit will still wreck my shit in a few hits. I'd rather not craft a shield. Although it would be kind of nice. I get plenty of dex and damage from hexward that Im not down to lose.
I could try to use the truce belt, but I have a feeling my dex crafted belt is gonna be a little more beneficial. I can try to run around using shadow refuge and then switching to throw but seems like it could be a bad idea in some places like Teganze.

CallMeCrazySam wrote:I feel like one point that has been missed in this conversation is that most of your survivability comes by you keeping yourself out of danger. If you do not put yourself in a position to get hit, you won't get hit. It's as simple as that. Your gear isn't going to be a good source of survivability, crafts aren't going to give you a large life pool or large amounts of DR. You are a ranged character with minimal health and you need to use that to your advantage. You do naturally get max block with this build as you attempt to amass dexterity and that provides extra survivability and you have the option of using Shadow Refuge, but you don't need to put yourself in a position for a block check or a DR check if you don't get hit in the first place.

Some people complain about a lack of damage during bosses and that they are unable to kill boss X or boss Y. What people seem to miss is that just because it is going to take longer to kill a boss, doesn't mean that you can't kill it. If it takes you twenty minutes to kill Quov Tsin, so be it. Finish the fight and if you are unhappy with the charm, revisit it at a later date. Most charms roll well enough that getting it is a huge improvement over not having one.

Your main goal should be to push your survivability by taking a look at how you are positioning yourself, getting as much dexterity to get max block, and by getting as much dexterity as possible you are giving yourself more damage. No need for a survivability check if everything on your screen is dead.

As far as your gear, I'm not sure if NotArmory is entirely accurate, but it looks as if you aren't using many mystic orbs. Drop those in your gear, prioritizing dexterity and breakpoints.

Your lack of damage is coming from lack of dexterity. Sure, you have some decent crafts, but there are so much free stats you can just reach out and grab. You are sitting at 74 signets, pump those numbers up. Percent bonuses to stats aren't great if you don't have a lot of base stats to work with. You are also dropping over 200 flat points into strength to be able to use your gear. Swap those crafts out for Quilted Armor/Sash, etc., to put the extra points into dexterity. After that, I'd look at rolling an Umbaru Treasure. It's going to average out to +25 all stats and could roll much more if you are lucky. That right there is +25 to dexterity and +25 to strength, and that +25 to strength means you can drop another 25 base points into dexterity, so you may as well read +25 to all attributes as +50 to dexterity, which is then effected by your percentage bonus.

Some others are saying not to use tiefling form, IMO that is bad advice. You should 100% be using maxed tiefling form.

Edit: I haven't ran through the game as Maelstrom, but I have ran through it as Scorpion Blade which is arguably a very similar playstyle but my build lacks block. With just positioning/damage/sustain, I can run Dunc/Teganze/Fautz/Vizj deathless. If you want to see that in action, feel free to check out videos on my guide for Scorpion Blade here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28881

You do make a good point with that entire post. Tbh I do try to stand back and clear as I push forward. Sometimes I don't and that usually when shits up in the air more or less. Also depends on how fast I kill at that point . But you're right, you should be playing at more of a distance and not putting yourself in the position to get hit.
I wasn't sure what to MO everything with So I didn't mo anything and waiting till I knew for sure.
Yeah I know. I gotta respec again soon. Tbh I was kind of waiting on it tilll I get the baal charm. That extra 25 str and max skill seems nice but yeah.
You know, Ill have to try to reroll my boots, belt, and armor, for sure. Although I did just roll those boots like an idiot lmao. But Yeah ill definitely have to aim for the lower str reqs, unless I manage to gain quite a bit from charms and the random str mods on crafting.
I actually just recently ate a bunch of my set items that I had extras of so Ill have to go farm set items or buy sigs or some shit.

How do all of yall get your signets? Just farm them? Maybe a little bit of farming and a little trading or some shit?
BearableBear
Stone Warrior
33 | 3
now that i saw your notarmory(which is should have done 1st) you should remake your crafts to the lowest bases possible to minimize str investment. also work on your sigs , you can either buy from others or farm them yourself(k3k is the best since sets bias and fairly easy to clear). getting a rebelxis would easily remove any str investment but till then use quilted and leather for crafting since you are using tiefling anyway. you should also maximize the stats you can get on charms. always aim for a high or perfect rolls on stats.
Hokoru
Bone Archer
73 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
BearableBear wrote:now that i saw your notarmory(which is should have done 1st) you should remake your crafts to the lowest bases possible to minimize str investment. also work on your sigs , you can either buy from others or farm them yourself(k3k is the best since sets bias and fairly easy to clear). getting a rebelxis would easily remove any str investment but till then use quilted and leather for crafting since you are using tiefling anyway. you should also maximize the stats you can get on charms. always aim for a high or perfect rolls on stats.

Lmao No worries man. Yeah I've been working on new crafted gear with lower str req. Gonna take a bit to get a better roll that what I got now. Or at least something similar as well as workin on sigs. Ill do the charms here soon too. I didn't stop to think about getting the little bit extra from those.