Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION :
ACCES_VIOLATION (c0000005)
This is nonsense me already ..... How to solve it? every 10-15 minutes throws out of the game ...
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
  • Set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher as an Administrator. Try also restarting your PC.
  • Make sure you are running the game in English. If you are interested in playing the game in your language take a look here: Sigma Translations.
  • Make sure you are running the game in windowed mode, you can set it in the Launcher's settings page, later on you can try to see if full-screen works well with your system.
  • Make sure that your antivirus/security-suit is not preventing the mod from working correctly, consider whitelisting it.

Still getting the error? To remedy this situation it will be needed to add Diablo2 related .exe(s) in the DEP exeptions list, here four methods on how to (is recommended to use them in order from 1 to 3 and only if the previous method has failed. For example, if the 1st method didn't work try the 2nd one):

1st Method - Using Windows GUI (easier method, but results are not guaranteed 100%):

'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.

2nd Method - Tool assisted method (just a bit more steps/reading + a small download):

[step a] - Download (from here) d2mxl_dep_reset.bat (right click, 'save as') and run as Administrator to delete any corrupted registry entries. (courtesy of ryunp)
[step b] -'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.

3rd Method - Turning on DEP only for essential Windows programs and services:

make sure you are on the latest Median Launcher version and do the following:
'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Choose Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" → ApplyOkRestart the PC
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Sanya
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiemLux wrote:
  • Set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher as an Administrator. Try also restarting your PC.
  • Make sure you are running the game in English. If you are interested in playing the game in your language take a look here: Sigma Translations.
  • Make sure you are running the game in windowed mode, you can set it in the Launcher's settings page, later on you can try to see if full-screen works well with your system.
  • Make sure that your antivirus/security-suit is not preventing the mod from working correctly, consider whitelisting it.

Still getting the error? To remedy this situation it will be needed to add Diablo2 related .exe(s) in the DEP exeptions list, here four methods on how to (is recommended to use them in order from 1 to 3 and only if the previous method has failed. For example, if the 1st method didn't work try the 2nd one):

1st Method - Using Windows GUI (easier method, but results are not guaranteed 100%):

'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.

2nd Method - Tool assisted method (just a bit more steps/reading + a small download):

[step a] - Download (from here) d2mxl_dep_reset.bat (right click, 'save as') and run as Administrator to delete any corrupted registry entries. (courtesy of ryunp)
[step b] -'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.

'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Choose Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" → ApplyOkRestart the PC

did everything as written in the second version. Now we will test)
Sanya
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiemLux wrote:

thanks, everything works fine
Madtrick
Skeleton
2 | 0
I installed a new Diablo II with LoD under "C: \ Diablo II ". Download from Blizzard. Runs in version 1.14b.
Then tested. Running.

Next I installed Median XL Launcher over the web installer. Version 1.2.1
Well the mod installed. Version 1.1.4
Everything according to instructions.

The launcher starts. No problem.
Median XL can be started. The game is running as far as I can tell right. When I finish the game, the error message appears after about 15 seconds:

"UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)"

What can i do?
Madtrick
Skeleton
2 | 0
Found a mistake.
The launcher was not running in Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

Now the error message does not come anymore.