Question about build viability and diversity in median xl

Discuss Median XL!
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
Solfege wrote:There are lots of viable builds that don't have guides (yet).

Meta builds usually get guides written first b/c...well, they're meta builds. They can usually complete the content faster, so ppl can get guides written faster. And let's be honest, a good chunk of players are only interested in op meta builds anyway (which gives ppl even less incentive to write guides for non-op builds). Plus, writing a guide is a pita, and most ppl would rather just play the game.

You can still find the old pre-Sigma guides here if you want some other build ideas, but don't rely too heavily on them (much has changed).

As for Fire/Cold Sorc specifically, I've written about it a bit in this thread. But the tl;dr is: it's really good in Early-Game, mediocre in Mid-Game, and not so good in End-Game (at least the build variations and gear combos I tried).

What build would you consider meta that doesnt rely on summoning ? I wanna try something fresh and try to aim at most content, so for now, as a noob, I definitly have to focus on meta builds ...
Thanks for your time !
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
foufoumoro wrote:What build would you consider meta that doesnt rely on summoning ? I wanna try something fresh and try to aim at most content, so for now, as a noob, I definitly have to focus on meta builds ...
Thanks for your time !

Just play the game. For example any barb, holy melee pala, xbow-necro and treewarden-druid can do a lot in this mod without much min-maxing. Just focus on early/mid-ubers for now as harder ones will be pita for newbies no matter what build.
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Honestly any build can steamroll through 1-100 rather easy just get TU(1) and upgrade it each time you can handle and MO your res to max every new difficulty. I usually run the same items from level 20-100 and just keep upping the tiers.

Once your at 100 find the set that works best for the "meta" build you want to use that for easy 115.
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
I know 1-110 is pretty straight forward, I experienced most uber when I first discovered median last year.
I enjoyed it a lot, but I always got stuck at the situation where I needed to upgrade my stuff to sacred unique / sacred sets, which I never dropped.
That's why even though I loved paladin gameplay I had to stick with summon barb to have a character that could farm better, but ended up quitting the game because farming with a summoner wasnt that fun ...

So ideally I know I could enjoy most gameplay with different classes, but some where shitty at farming zones like tran athula, and the builds I seemed to enjoy the most were dependant on sacred uniques that I couldnt get with them.

Kind of a negative loop.

I have a lvl 110 summon necro right now as a starter in TSW, it worked alright from start to now (very easy and easy ubers are done), but I'm already getting bored of the summon / raven spam gameplay, and it doesnt feel like a particularly good farmer, so I don't really know what class to focus on now.
I know melee sorc or neutral paladin would please me, but I remember last year I enjoyed my paladin very much up until medium / hard ubers I just couldnt do because I didnt have the required gear. I fear that will happen once again.
I was hoping I could find a build that isnt summon based, and is a good farmer, do you have any recommandation?

Anyway thanks for all your answers, if the farm build I"m looking for doesnt really exist I'll make a paladin or a melee sorc and hope I'll enjoy it as much as I'd think.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
foufoumoro wrote:
I have a lvl 110 summon necro right now... but I'm already getting bored of the summon / raven spam gameplay, and it doesnt feel like a particularly good farmer, so I don't really know what class to focus on now.
I was hoping I could find a build that isnt summon based, and is a good farmer, do you have any recommandation?
you may respec your necro to either melee or xbow if you're bored of summoning