MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Same thing happened... I might search my old CD's and come back later, if you or anyone else still have some ideas that might work, I'll try them out. Thanks a lot for your input for now!
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ajulasilotr wrote:Same thing happened... I might search my old CD's and come back later, if you or anyone else still have some ideas that might work, I'll try them out. Thanks a lot for your input for now!

Have you tried running vidtest and selecting the other options before running the launcher?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ajulasilotr wrote:Same thing happened... I might search my old CD's and come back later, if you or anyone else still have some ideas that might work, I'll try them out. Thanks a lot for your input for now!

For the "version Unknown" error sometimes running the D2VidTest helps (as Fumbles told you). If doesn't, proceed as follow:
-Uninstall everything and then after a system reboot reinstall everything (make sure to not install the launcher in the Program Files folder)
-See here for various tips to avert errors: viewtopic.php?p=100771#p100771 <---- There are 3 sections, the ones you're interested in are the first one and the last one, be sure to read them
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
VidTest made the Launcher work, now I only get the c0000005 error, but that should be fixable in a few mins - thank you both!! I'd love to give a cookie, sadly I can't...
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
RequiemLux wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Yes, it's solved in the next version. It will be released some time before the ladder reset/patch. This time it will be released 100%.

Not to be pushy but time's almost up :punish:

It's almost done. :P

I think i fixed the vidtest in this version.

The c0000005 error is weird. I think I know what approximately causes it and maybe how to fix it, but I could be wrong. I'll try to fix it in the next version after this, but otherwise whist will have to solve it. It's kinda hard to solve/test because almost no one gets the error (including me).
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Awesome work man
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Wonderful ^^ thank you
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Quirinus wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Yes, it's solved in the next version. It will be released some time before the ladder reset/patch. This time it will be released 100%.

The c0000005 error is weird. I think I know what approximately causes it and maybe how to fix it, but I could be wrong. I'll try to fix it in the next version after this, but otherwise whist will have to solve it. It's kinda hard to solve/test because almost no one gets the error (including me).

Once you add both Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to DEP, c0000005 error stop showing up.
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unda wrote:
Quirinus wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:

Once you add both Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to DEP, c0000005 error stop showing up.

I still have the c0000005 error with the launcher but it works fine with D2SE, no idea why... As long as I can start the game with D2SE thats fine for me, upgrading with the launcher is very usefull and I dont want to get rid of D2SE completly because it still helps me managing different mods so it works for me. When the time comes when I need to launch the game with the launcher ill take another look at it
potayder
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm also getting a JavaScript Error, I played it two days ago then tried playing after I got off work and Script Error. I get 17.5.1 Version, Settings is grey and cant open it, and no play button just spinning. Is it something I did?! lol, or a work around to fix it?

Edit: Going to do a complete re-install again to see if it works, I went back and read some replies about c000005 Errors thought I'd give it a shot.