MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
InquisitorChan
Destroyer
7 | 0
Just updated the launcher, when launching with Pluggy and clicking on the stash this pops up, tested on different characters.Image

EDIT: fixed it, i just installed custom font and it works
Edited by InquisitorChan 5 years.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Quirinus wrote:Most of all, I'm sure many will be happy to hear that PlugY now works with the Launcher!

Main features:
Added PlugY. Note: PlugY only works on SP.

Does that mean some earlier new cores policy (Marco's quote below) have changed or temporary just till Sigma release?

Marco wrote:- Our intention is the game to be run "as-is" equally for everyone. For this reason, cheats such as maphacks & resolution hacks will no longer work. D2SE and PlugY will probably still work on M2017, however they will be fully incompatible with sigma's core. For this reason, we will no longer provide support on using these with Median XL Launcher, which will be the default way to run Median 2017.

---

One feature im still missing is Play button after new patch updates are released, when you are connected to internet and opened launcher UPDATE button doesnt allow you to play without updating to new patch and you must be offline to dodge UPDATE and see PLAY button. Thats not so important but pushing you to do some unnecessary stuff like disabling net at starting Launcher.

---

Thanks for new release.
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
in case anyone else had/has this problem.. after my xl launcher downloaded the new version i had to go into settings and click to run in windowed mode before it would launch without critical error. I had it set to launch it windowed mode before, but not through the actual xl launcher settings (iirc)
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Unda wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Most of all, I'm sure many will be happy to hear that PlugY now works with the Launcher!

Main features:
Added PlugY. Note: PlugY only works on SP.

Does that mean some earlier new cores policy (Marco's quote below) have changed or temporary just till Sigma release?

Marco wrote:- Our intention is the game to be run "as-is" equally for everyone. For this reason, cheats such as maphacks & resolution hacks will no longer work. D2SE and PlugY will probably still work on M2017, however they will be fully incompatible with sigma's core. For this reason, we will no longer provide support on using these with Median XL Launcher, which will be the default way to run Median 2017.

---

One feature im still missing is Play button after new patch updates are released, when you are connected to internet and opened launcher UPDATE button doesnt allow you to play without updating to new patch and you must be offline to dodge UPDATE and see PLAY button. Thats not so important but pushing you to do some unnecessary stuff like disabling net at starting Launcher.

---

Thanks for new release.

Cores:
No changes. We wanted to have PlugY in the Launcher from the start, but it was tricky to make it work, and I figured it out just recently, that's why I added it only now. Whist plans to add shared stash and multiple stash pages support eventually in Sigma, just not in v1.0.

Old versions:
Hah, didn't think someone was using that. You are using to to play some older version? What version (curious, since I discontinued support for pre-M2017 versions)?

I'm planning on adding a "no update" option in setting in the next version, precisely for this reason. I just didn't get around to adding it in this version.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
For anyone getting crashes when save & exiting on SP, uninstall any PlugY versions you installed previously, and use the one from the Launcher.
Also, PlugY doesn't work on the server (it never did). I'll probably add a warning about that in the next version.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Quirinus wrote:Cores:
No changes. We wanted to have PlugY in the Launcher from the start, but it was tricky to make it work, and I figured it out just recently, that's why I added it only now. Whist plans to add shared stash and multiple stash pages support eventually in Sigma, just not in v1.0.

Old versions:
Hah, didn't think someone was using that. You are using to to play some older version? What version (curious, since I discontinued support for pre-M2017 versions)?

I'm planning on adding a "no update" option in setting in the next version, precisely for this reason. I just didn't get around to adding it in this version.

Thanks for clarification.

Not playing pre-M2017 versions, Im sitting atm on 1.3.1 just to be able necroknifing ;) on sp (gave up this hc season on realm due to connection problems on my side) but dodged earlier also 1.2 for few days when it was released to test few things before updating, so thats why mentioned it tonight with missing Play button.
ridemypwny
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi all, I played MXL this morning via launcher and everything worked. Now as I wanted to start it again it says "access vioaltion.."
I found out that the game DOES start when I deactivate PlugY. Activating it stops the game from starting again. Tried various fixes now , also redownloaded all files etc. Any ideas?
Raigntk
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I'm not sure if it's mentioned on here or not, but I finally solved my issue of not getting the Launcher to work on my new laptop. The problem was that all of my files were being put onto Onedrive instead of an actual desktop. Here is a little picture guide to changing the settings, incase it happens to anyone else.

Step 1: click on the onedrive icon
Step 2: click on the 3 dots (or possibly a gear/wrench icon) and click on settings
Step 3: click on the auto save tab and then change all 3 dropdown boxes to "This PC only"
Step 4: Move Diablo II folder to desktop (my personal preferance) or wherever you keep yours that isn't in the onedrive location and program files.
Demonik
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Two bugs:

1. While game is open click X to close launcher, it shows this error:
► Show Spoiler

2. In settings window click on "Median XL Launcher 0.3.1" link at the bottom, shows this error:
► Show Spoiler

Suggestion: add option to minimize launcher to tray.

Edit: and another suggestion - add option to disable automatic change of compatibility setting on start added in last version. This is useful for people who don't know how to set it up, but I already have it and having to change it back to my settings every time I start launcher is annoying. Probably XP compatibility is more stable, but it doesn't crash for me with win vista/7 compatibility mode (including on closing game) , and xp compatibility fucks with my setup for recording D2 gameplay.
Mordwolf
Vampiress
39 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
i just had to re-download the launcher went to install it as admin and not as admin both times its coming up as a corrupt file
any other links for the launcher?