Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
mrd5213 wrote:Hello guys, i have this problem when i installed MXL launcher adn updated, then opened it and it said " failed to retrieve process" so i went ahead and change compatibility mode to window xp service pack 3, then launched it again but this time , nothing happened. i can see it running in the background via my task manager, i click end task then open it again, but still nothing happen. pls help me.

Run the Launcher as Administrator
andreninpad
Fallen
1 | 0
The Median XL launcher overwrites the vanilla game D2 LOD. I can not play the vanilla game anymore. Kindly please update the Median XL Launcher to be able to switch back to vanilla D2 LOD?
mrd5213
Skeleton
2 | 0
Gavin_K88 wrote:
mrd5213 wrote:Hello guys, i have this problem when i installed MXL launcher adn updated, then opened it and it said " failed to retrieve process" so i went ahead and change compatibility mode to window xp service pack 3, then launched it again but this time , nothing happened. i can see it running in the background via my task manager, i click end task then open it again, but still nothing happen. pls help me.

i tried. it's stil the same , nothing happened :((
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mrd5213 wrote:
Gavin_K88 wrote:

i tried. it's stil the same , nothing happened :((

Iirc, both D2 and the Launcher need admin privileges, so try setting that for both and see if that helps. Also, the current version of the Launcher no longer supports WinXP, so that may be why nothing is happening if you're trying to run it in XP compatibility mode.
Rastamepas
Cultist
23 | 0
I was wanting to get a confirmation of the post a few posts up. Does running/using the launcher override vanilla/other d2 mods. Or is there a way to switch between the two?
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Median XL Team Member
Rastamepas wrote:Does running/using the launcher override vanilla/other d2 mods. Or is there a way to switch between the two?

It overrides it, copy your D2 folder to another location and point launcher there, then you can play both (you'll probably need also 2 different registry files to switch between different realms)
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
Yo guys, ive decided to try to run the game on my laptop; i haven't played the mod since last year so i thought i could try a new build and look for the new things added, while waiting for Sigma.
I've installed the game, and everything went smooth on the 2nd try (i've installed the vanilla game in the first try, and the mod wouldn't install with the launcher like you warned).
I just wanted to ask a thing: using the launcher with Plugy in single player, can i also add the D2stat for the item filter? I wish I could use the filter since my laptop has a tiny screen.

Thanks for the answer people. This community has always been very kind with me.
Rastamepas
Cultist
23 | 0
aahz wrote:
Rastamepas wrote:Does running/using the launcher override vanilla/other d2 mods. Or is there a way to switch between the two?

It overrides it, copy your D2 folder to another location and point launcher there, then you can play both (you'll probably need also 2 different registry files to switch between different realms)

Is there a guide or an easy tutorial on dealing with the registry files?
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Median XL Team Member
Is there a guide or an easy tutorial on dealing with the registry files?[/quote]

download both, unpack and execute corresponding .reg file if you want to switch games
TSW registry file: http://tsw.median-xl.com/registry.zip
Battle.Net registry file: http://tsw.median-xl.com/BattleNet.zip

there may be other keys in the registry, run regedit and check this path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II
possible important keys:

Code: Select all

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II]
"Save Path"="c:\\Games\\MXL\\save\\"
"InstallPath"="c:\\Games\\MXL"

so you may have to edit (notepad) those .reg files and add "Save Path" at least (with correct path depending where you have it installed)
you can also export current Diablo II key
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
FYI: there's also a nice GUI utility to set D2 path: https://yadi.sk/d/A5tDdxwgqN9TY