Discuss Median XL!
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well, it is possible for those who have "electronic copy" of the disc or the real one, and because of that even after upgrading installation to full some files weren't copied to the game folder.

Not sure but I think that d2xmusic and maybe d2xvideo .mpq are the files that needed to be manually copied to the game folder iirc so the user doesn't need to have expansion disc inserted.....

But is that the problem or not is another thing.
Jouarizm
Cultist
22 | 0
Quirinus wrote:
Jouarizm wrote:Insert Expansion Disc

What?

no its ok the problem is with my game
korokoro12
Fallen
1 | 0
how to 2 instances
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
korokoro12 wrote:how to 2 instances

Launch the game twice.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
PROBLEM RESOLVED. REMOVED.
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I had to reinstall D2 today because I got a new PC. Couldn't find my CD's anymore so the digital copy it is... Since it comes with the 1.14 Patch, I tried to install the Mod with the Launcher. I installed the game, after that the Launcher to the games directory but when I start the Launcher it only tells me "Version Unknown" and gives me a "Restart" Button.

Game is already added to DEP and is run as Admin and in compatibility mode (Win XP, SP3)
The Launcher itself cant be added to DEP...

Now im really unsure how I should proceed... Since the new patch comes out tomorrow (right after I come home from work), I'd like my Launcher to work so I can play a bit in the evening after a very exhausting week.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Quirinus wrote:Yes, it's solved in the next version. It will be released some time before the ladder reset/patch. This time it will be released 100%.

Not to be pushy but time's almost up :punish:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ajulasilotr wrote:I had to reinstall D2 today because I got a new PC. Couldn't find my CD's anymore so the digital copy it is... Since it comes with the 1.14 Patch, I tried to install the Mod with the Launcher. I installed the game, after that the Launcher to the games directory but when I start the Launcher it only tells me "Version Unknown" and gives me a "Restart" Button.

Game is already added to DEP and is run as Admin and in compatibility mode (Win XP, SP3)
The Launcher itself cant be added to DEP...

Now im really unsure how I should proceed... Since the new patch comes out tomorrow (right after I come home from work), I'd like my Launcher to work so I can play a bit in the evening after a very exhausting week.

Move your game.exe from the diablo2 folder away. The launcher should create its own game.exe

Since I'm not 100% sure that will work, you should only move it. Don't delete it!
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:[

Move your game.exe from the diablo2 folder away. The launcher should create its own game.exe

Since I'm not 100% sure that will work, you should only move it. Don't delete it!

Thanks for your input but sadly it didnt work... Still the "Restart" Button and the message "Version unknown"... When clicking on Restart, I have to reselect the folder where D2 is installed though

Oh, and I should add that the game is NOT installed to Programm Files and/or Programm Files (x86)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ajulasilotr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:[

Thanks for your input but sadly it didnt work... Still the "Restart" Button and the message "Version unknown"... When clicking on Restart, I have to reselect the folder where D2 is installed though

Oh, and I should add that the game is NOT installed to Programm Files and/or Programm Files (x86)

Can you try the same with the patch_d2.mpq?