MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
Grumpy old man whist 2017:

whist wrote:It's simple: D2SE sucks.

Young hopeful whist 2012:

whist wrote:I really love D2SE, this is perfect for testing, and releasing my mod which is based on version 1.13c.

(quote taken from http://snej.org/forum/index.php?topic=35474.msg671294)

On a more serious note you really need the launcher to work in a way where it doesn't mess with your standard d2 files before you make it mandatory. One can only have so many d2 installs at a time.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
EarthBounder wrote:Quick q -- how does the launcher "- Allows up to 2 instances of Diablo, for muling purposes."? I made a copy of D2 + MXL but the 2nd launcher and the 1st launcher are entirely aware of eachother and prevent a 2nd session.

sorry, I was really busy the last 1-2 weeks, didn't see the post.

you don't need 2 d2 folders and launchers. you only need 1. you run the game trough the launcher, and the play button will still be there, so you click it again and the launcher will start a 2nd d2 instance.

Jelle wrote:Grumpy old man whist 2017:

whist wrote:I really love D2SE, this is perfect for testing, and releasing my mod which is based on version 1.13c.

(quote taken from http://snej.org/forum/index.php?topic=35474.msg671294)

On a more serious note you really need the launcher to work in a way where it doesn't mess with your standard d2 files before you make it mandatory. One can only have so many d2 installs at a time.

rofl nice find

you can make the launcher use a custom d2 folder if you point it to the right folder in the settings, so you can have multiple instances of d2 up (it changes server reg though). but yeah, next version will remove median after uninstalling.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member

Haha :lol: That was way before I found bunch of issues, bugs and undocumented "features" of it. Also with v2.3 being WIP since like 50 years, we can pretty much say there will not be any release anymore, meaning these issues and bugs will never get fixed.
dtd
Monkey King
287 | 1
will the laucher support plugy in the next version? i play offline and i want have a big stash :(
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dtd wrote:will the laucher support plugy in the next version? i play offline and i want have a big stash :(

I can't answer if the launcher will support Plugy, but just wanted to let you know that the D2SE launcher still supports the current versions of Median, and also works with Plugy.

You could use that until it gets supported in the launcher (If it does)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
whist wrote:

Haha :lol: That was way before I found bunch of issues, bugs and undocumented "features" of it. Also with v2.3 being WIP since like 50 years, we can pretty much say there will not be any release anymore, meaning these issues and bugs will never get fixed.

On a related matter: Viperosa asked me to ask seltsamuel a question concerning the D2SE window and why it doesn't show the D2 icon.

Here's what he said (he answered me about a month ago, but I didn't check until now :D Just read the highlighted sentence.)

► Show Spoiler

So yeah, he's still working on it, and it's basically a total rework of the program. Maybe, MAYBE we can expect a new D2SE and you can turn back to being a young, hopeful whist :D

Please note that this is just a roughly translated version of what he actually said.
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge

Did anyone manage to resolve this ? One day the launcher stopped working and i reinstalled twice and still get this error. :(
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Yes, it's solved in the next version. It will be released some time before the ladder reset/patch. This time it will be released 100%.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Jouarizm
Cultist
22 | 0
Insert Expansion Disc
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge